Frog Stupid sing swan song
A punk outfit will play their final gig at Club85 next week – bowing out with an EP release.
Stevenage ska-tinged political punks Frog Stupid will play their swan song at the Hitchin venue after 10 years on the local music scene.
Singer Chris Hollis said their original cheeky songs with a political edge made way for increasingly angry songs against the backdrop of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan leading to an album and EP.
But after members started Scream Shout Say Nothing and others moved away, the band has performed less, although a highlight was Rhythms of the World in 2010.
“We decided after that gig that we would record the songs we had written since the last CD and then play a final show to end it properly. Otherwise it would probably all just fizzle out – which none of us really wanted. We all thought we should go out with a big gig, and hopefully this will be it.”
You may also want to watch:
Support for the farewell show on April 14 is from Three Bottles Behind and Lost Without Cause. Tickets are a fiver.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral