Frog Stupid sing swan song
A punk outfit will play their final gig at Club85 next week – bowing out with an EP release.
Stevenage ska-tinged political punks Frog Stupid will play their swan song at the Hitchin venue after 10 years on the local music scene.
Singer Chris Hollis said their original cheeky songs with a political edge made way for increasingly angry songs against the backdrop of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan leading to an album and EP.
But after members started Scream Shout Say Nothing and others moved away, the band has performed less, although a highlight was Rhythms of the World in 2010.
“We decided after that gig that we would record the songs we had written since the last CD and then play a final show to end it properly. Otherwise it would probably all just fizzle out – which none of us really wanted. We all thought we should go out with a big gig, and hopefully this will be it.”
Support for the farewell show on April 14 is from Three Bottles Behind and Lost Without Cause. Tickets are a fiver.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans