Frog Stupid sing swan song
A punk outfit will play their final gig at Club85 next week – bowing out with an EP release.
Stevenage ska-tinged political punks Frog Stupid will play their swan song at the Hitchin venue after 10 years on the local music scene.
Singer Chris Hollis said their original cheeky songs with a political edge made way for increasingly angry songs against the backdrop of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan leading to an album and EP.
But after members started Scream Shout Say Nothing and others moved away, the band has performed less, although a highlight was Rhythms of the World in 2010.
“We decided after that gig that we would record the songs we had written since the last CD and then play a final show to end it properly. Otherwise it would probably all just fizzle out – which none of us really wanted. We all thought we should go out with a big gig, and hopefully this will be it.”
You may also want to watch:
Support for the farewell show on April 14 is from Three Bottles Behind and Lost Without Cause. Tickets are a fiver.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof