Fran’s new Hitchin hub is happy to help support craft and creativity
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin art gallery and tea room is officially opening its upstairs workshop hub on Saturday – with the promise of artists demonstrating their work outside its Churchgate centre premises.
The Cooper Beech art gallery and vintage tea shop is celebrating its first anniversary in the town by launching an upstairs workshop hub to help artists in the community.
Owner Fran Hale said: “There are so many talented creative people in and around Hitchin and North Herts – I’ve always been a big supporter of local artists and this will help further.
“Opening the hub upstairs from our vintage tea shop will offer artists the opportunity to experience many different workshops including water colours, oils, pastels, drawing, mosaics and other craft-based workshops.
“On Saturday we will host a new exhibition of Jane Visick’s wonderful mosaic work. She’s done a lot of work with local schools helping children design and make their own unique mosaics.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll also be putting eight artists demonstrating their work along the walkway in Churchgate from 10am to 4pm – weather permitting!”
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 4 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year