Former Stars in Their Eyes grand finalist to perform at Henlow Stadium as Meat Loaf despite car crash
- Credit: Archant
A former grand finalist on a hit ITV talent show is set to appear at Henlow Stadium greyhound track next week as a Meat Loaf lookalike – despite being taken to hospital after a car crash two weeks ago.
Andy Pryke, known by his stage name Andy P, was seen by millions on Stars in Their Eyes, hosted by Matthew Kelly, and won through to the grand final in 2004, finishing second singing Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad, one of the heavyweight American singer’s string of hits which also include Dead Ringer For Love, Bat Out Of Hell and You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth.
Andy said: “It was a great experience appearing on the show. Matthew Kelly was such a lovely man.
“I was sat with a Neil Diamond lookalike backstage, and Matthew cracked jokes and really put us at ease. I’m really looking forward to performing at Henlow despite the car crash.
“I’m OK now – but I wouldn’t let anything stop me from performing.”
You may also want to watch:
The gig on Friday, August 7, starts at 7.30pm – call 01462 851 8500 to book a place or visit www.henlowdogs.co.uk.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage