Former Stars in Their Eyes grand finalist to perform at Henlow Stadium as Meat Loaf despite car crash
- Credit: Archant
A former grand finalist on a hit ITV talent show is set to appear at Henlow Stadium greyhound track next week as a Meat Loaf lookalike – despite being taken to hospital after a car crash two weeks ago.
Andy Pryke, known by his stage name Andy P, was seen by millions on Stars in Their Eyes, hosted by Matthew Kelly, and won through to the grand final in 2004, finishing second singing Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad, one of the heavyweight American singer’s string of hits which also include Dead Ringer For Love, Bat Out Of Hell and You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth.
Andy said: “It was a great experience appearing on the show. Matthew Kelly was such a lovely man.
“I was sat with a Neil Diamond lookalike backstage, and Matthew cracked jokes and really put us at ease. I’m really looking forward to performing at Henlow despite the car crash.
“I’m OK now – but I wouldn’t let anything stop me from performing.”
You may also want to watch:
The gig on Friday, August 7, starts at 7.30pm – call 01462 851 8500 to book a place or visit www.henlowdogs.co.uk.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk