Forest fanfare as Hitchin’s star name James Bay seals deal for summer dates
- Credit: Archant
Singer-songwriter James Bay doesn’t get much time to reconnect with his North Herts roots since taking the music world by storm.
But you can catch him this summer not far away – he’s appearing in Thetford Forest in July and tickets are now on sale.
The singer from Hitchin is the latest act to announce a date for this year’s Forest Live, the summer concert series promoted by the Forestry Commission.
His acclaimed debut album Chaos And The Calm continues to ride high in the charts and his single Hold Back The River which has had more than 71 million YouTube views.
He’s been nominated for three Grammies and four Brits including breakthrough act, male solo artist, single and album of the year.
You may also want to watch:
He’ll be appearing with guests in the forest setting in Suffolk on Friday, July 1.
Tickets are £34.50 (plus £3.95 booking fee) from 03000 680400, or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker