Forest fanfare as Hitchin’s star name James Bay seals deal for summer dates
- Credit: Archant
Singer-songwriter James Bay doesn’t get much time to reconnect with his North Herts roots since taking the music world by storm.
But you can catch him this summer not far away – he’s appearing in Thetford Forest in July and tickets are now on sale.
The singer from Hitchin is the latest act to announce a date for this year’s Forest Live, the summer concert series promoted by the Forestry Commission.
His acclaimed debut album Chaos And The Calm continues to ride high in the charts and his single Hold Back The River which has had more than 71 million YouTube views.
He’s been nominated for three Grammies and four Brits including breakthrough act, male solo artist, single and album of the year.
You may also want to watch:
He’ll be appearing with guests in the forest setting in Suffolk on Friday, July 1.
Tickets are £34.50 (plus £3.95 booking fee) from 03000 680400, or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 5 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition