Forest fanfare as Hitchin’s star name James Bay seals deal for summer dates
- Credit: Archant
Singer-songwriter James Bay doesn’t get much time to reconnect with his North Herts roots since taking the music world by storm.
But you can catch him this summer not far away – he’s appearing in Thetford Forest in July and tickets are now on sale.
The singer from Hitchin is the latest act to announce a date for this year’s Forest Live, the summer concert series promoted by the Forestry Commission.
His acclaimed debut album Chaos And The Calm continues to ride high in the charts and his single Hold Back The River which has had more than 71 million YouTube views.
He’s been nominated for three Grammies and four Brits including breakthrough act, male solo artist, single and album of the year.
He’ll be appearing with guests in the forest setting in Suffolk on Friday, July 1.
Tickets are £34.50 (plus £3.95 booking fee) from 03000 680400, or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening