Tickets for Hatfield music festival Folk by the Oak currently sold out
- Credit: Alan Davies
Tickets for Hatfield music festival Folk by the Oak 2021 are currently sold out – but more might become available closer to the event depending on the latest lockdown restrictions.
The all-day folk and acoustic extravaganza will return to Hatfield Park this summer on Sunday, July 18.
After warning music fans yesterday (June 2) that tickets were running low, with under 50 left at the time, promoters today (June 3) revealed that the Hertfordshire festival had now sold out.
The situation might change in the coming weeks though if Step 4 of the government's roadmap out of coronavirus lockdown happens on June 21st.
A further easing of social distancing rules then would potentially allow festival organisers to increase FBTO's capacity.
FBTO's website states: "We hope that the current 'roadmap' will allow us to release more tickets closer to the festival date."
People still keen to attend the Hatfield festival are asked to subscribe to the event's waiting list.
Be the first to hear if more tickets become available at https://folkbytheoak.com/waiting-list/
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 4 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
Folk by the Oak's 2021 line-up features Seasick Steve, Kate Rusby, The Young'uns, Sam Sweeney Band and Kitty Macfarlane.
Kitty tweeted: "Delighted to be playing the main stage at @FolkByTheOak on Sunday 18th July!"
"It's such a lovely one day event, I've been many times as a punter. Really recommend x"
There will also be performances from Skinny Lister, The Bookshop Band, and Katherine Priddy.
If organisers are unable to accommodate two stages this summer due to COVID-19 restrictions, they will be bringing their incredible Acorn artists over to "a beefed-up, jam-packed" main stage line-up.
Last year's festival was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Organisers have introduced COVID-19 safety measures for this summer's return.
The event's capacity has been reduced, hence why tickets are currently sold out.
The arena size will be increased this year in order to ensure that everyone may sit in the festival site at a safe distance.
There will be other measures put in place to ensure everyone's safety.
For more information on the festival's COVID-19 measures, visit www.folkbytheoak.com/festival-info/covid-19/