Floyd and Eclectic Mix at Club85
Club85 gets its big baubles out for some Chrimbo fun over the next two nights.
The Eclectic Mix lives up to its name at the Hitchin venue this evening (Thursday) with its annual festive bash featuring globe-trotting Hitchin maverick Stuart O’Connor with friends, epic punk rockers The Astronauts and the tight-as-a-gnats-chuff quirky-metalists Shoot The Director.
Entry is �4 from 7.30pm.
Then on Friday night it’s the turn of The Pink Floyd Dimension, brought to you by the club’s very own Bob Mardon.
Faithfully recreating the sound of the premier prog-rockers, the PFD say they have “dissected each element of the Pink Floyd sound, reassembling the classic works of the band in an exciting and truly inspiring live show”. So there.
You may also want to watch:
Bob, who roadied with Floyd in the late 80s, said it is the “must go” show of the year as last time they were here the band put on a two-and-a-half hour show that “was more accurate in their performances that the real PF”.
Tickets are �12 available from the bar, Dubhe’s, Farleys and Jolly Browns in Hitchin, Unikorn in Stevenage and David’s Bookshop in Letchworth.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club