Floyd and Eclectic Mix at Club85
Club85 gets its big baubles out for some Chrimbo fun over the next two nights.
The Eclectic Mix lives up to its name at the Hitchin venue this evening (Thursday) with its annual festive bash featuring globe-trotting Hitchin maverick Stuart O’Connor with friends, epic punk rockers The Astronauts and the tight-as-a-gnats-chuff quirky-metalists Shoot The Director.
Entry is �4 from 7.30pm.
Then on Friday night it’s the turn of The Pink Floyd Dimension, brought to you by the club’s very own Bob Mardon.
Faithfully recreating the sound of the premier prog-rockers, the PFD say they have “dissected each element of the Pink Floyd sound, reassembling the classic works of the band in an exciting and truly inspiring live show”. So there.
Bob, who roadied with Floyd in the late 80s, said it is the “must go” show of the year as last time they were here the band put on a two-and-a-half hour show that “was more accurate in their performances that the real PF”.
Tickets are �12 available from the bar, Dubhe’s, Farleys and Jolly Browns in Hitchin, Unikorn in Stevenage and David’s Bookshop in Letchworth.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe