Find out why daredevil Ken is a big Mill thriller at Stotfold’s feast of family fun
- Credit: Archant
Motorcyclist and Wall Of Death supremo Ken Fox is the man who put TV daredevil Guy Martin through his paces for his successful world record bid.
The live broadcast of terrifying circuits at speeds of nearly 80mph was watched by millions – but you can see Ken demonstrating his own expertise in the flesh at Stotfold Mill next weekend.
Ken trained Guy for a whole year for the record run, and praised the dedication and discipline his willing pupil demonstrated.
“He would come to wherever we were in the country twice a week and would train for around three hours at a time,” he said
Ken’s team also built the special giant wall needed for the challenge.
It will be a smaller structure that’s on show at Stotfold, with riders reaching 30mph as they make heart-in-the-mouth horizontal circuits.
The Wall of Death attraction has been in Ken’s family for more than 80 years – the tradition was passed on to him by his grandfather and father and he is now passing it down to his own children.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
Ken has been a regular performer at the historic mill’s spring fundraiser, first appearing in 2008.
This year’s event, the 14th, will be staged on Saturday and Sunday, May 7 and 8, with gates open from 10.30am to 5pm daily.
Tickets are available on the day (adults £8, children £4) but you can make a saving by booking in advance at www.stotfoldmill.com, where you can also find out full details of what other thrilling displays are part of the weekend’s packed programme.