Find out why daredevil Ken is a big Mill thriller at Stotfold’s feast of family fun
- Credit: Archant
Motorcyclist and Wall Of Death supremo Ken Fox is the man who put TV daredevil Guy Martin through his paces for his successful world record bid.
The live broadcast of terrifying circuits at speeds of nearly 80mph was watched by millions – but you can see Ken demonstrating his own expertise in the flesh at Stotfold Mill next weekend.
Ken trained Guy for a whole year for the record run, and praised the dedication and discipline his willing pupil demonstrated.
“He would come to wherever we were in the country twice a week and would train for around three hours at a time,” he said
Ken’s team also built the special giant wall needed for the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
It will be a smaller structure that’s on show at Stotfold, with riders reaching 30mph as they make heart-in-the-mouth horizontal circuits.
The Wall of Death attraction has been in Ken’s family for more than 80 years – the tradition was passed on to him by his grandfather and father and he is now passing it down to his own children.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Ken has been a regular performer at the historic mill’s spring fundraiser, first appearing in 2008.
This year’s event, the 14th, will be staged on Saturday and Sunday, May 7 and 8, with gates open from 10.30am to 5pm daily.
Tickets are available on the day (adults £8, children £4) but you can make a saving by booking in advance at www.stotfoldmill.com, where you can also find out full details of what other thrilling displays are part of the weekend’s packed programme.