Final festival flurry after a month of many delights for Hitchin culture vultures
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s month-long festival of arts, music and comunity events is heading into its final few days, but there are still events galore to savour.
Food events have been a feature of the 2015 calendar, and that theme continues right until the final day.
There’s a modern British tapas night at the Victoria pub in Ickleford Road tonight, and the pub’s barn is also the venue for a free British wine festival.
There will be plenty of food served on Saturday during Bucklersbury Day, when traders in the historic street are setting out their stall until 8pm in support of the Humanitas charity shop that sits in their midst.
And the festival finale at the Heritage Rd bar and restaurant on Sunday evening will see mouthwatering treats as well as music.
It’s £20 for a table of six, including a bottle of house wine or six bottles of beer, and an evening buffet at £10 a head can be booked with the venue on 01462 433603.
On the music front, the popular series of lunchtime concerts at St Mary’s Church continues tomorrow, Friday, with a performance by Caritas Harmony.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
The concerts, which kick off at 1.05pm, are free but feature a retiring collection, and this event will be raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
And there’s more music at The Angel’s Share in The Arcade tomorrow night, when Alex Bay will be performing from 8.30pm.
The whole town centre will be welcoming buskers galore on Saturday, and there’s more music planned at The Angel’s Share in the evening.