Females to the fore at Sunday’s International Women’s Day celebration in Arlesey
- Credit: Archant
Talented female musicians playing music by women composers will help mark a global celebration this weekend.
Star flautist Emma Halnan will appear with Kate Elmitt (piano) and Catherine Wilmers (cello) for the International Women’s Day recital on Sunday afternoon.
Emma was a BBC Young Musician flute award winner in 2010 and also took top honours in the prestigious Carl Reinecke competition in Italy in 2013.
As part of the Montagnana Trio she will be performing works by Fanny Mendelssohn, Louise Farrenc and Nadia Boulanger at this weekend’s concert at the Elmitt Piano Academy in Arlesey High Street.
The concert starts at 4pm and tickets (£10, students and U18s £5) include tea and brownies after the performance.
Call 01462 622222 for more information.
- 1 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 2 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening