Females to the fore at Sunday’s International Women’s Day celebration in Arlesey
- Credit: Archant
Talented female musicians playing music by women composers will help mark a global celebration this weekend.
Star flautist Emma Halnan will appear with Kate Elmitt (piano) and Catherine Wilmers (cello) for the International Women’s Day recital on Sunday afternoon.
Emma was a BBC Young Musician flute award winner in 2010 and also took top honours in the prestigious Carl Reinecke competition in Italy in 2013.
As part of the Montagnana Trio she will be performing works by Fanny Mendelssohn, Louise Farrenc and Nadia Boulanger at this weekend’s concert at the Elmitt Piano Academy in Arlesey High Street.
The concert starts at 4pm and tickets (£10, students and U18s £5) include tea and brownies after the performance.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01462 622222 for more information.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death