Females to the fore at Sunday’s International Women’s Day celebration in Arlesey
- Credit: Archant
Talented female musicians playing music by women composers will help mark a global celebration this weekend.
Star flautist Emma Halnan will appear with Kate Elmitt (piano) and Catherine Wilmers (cello) for the International Women’s Day recital on Sunday afternoon.
Emma was a BBC Young Musician flute award winner in 2010 and also took top honours in the prestigious Carl Reinecke competition in Italy in 2013.
As part of the Montagnana Trio she will be performing works by Fanny Mendelssohn, Louise Farrenc and Nadia Boulanger at this weekend’s concert at the Elmitt Piano Academy in Arlesey High Street.
The concert starts at 4pm and tickets (£10, students and U18s £5) include tea and brownies after the performance.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01462 622222 for more information.
- 1 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 4 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 5 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 6 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 7 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 8 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 9 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'