Feast of fun for the summer holidays in North Herts parks and public spaces
- Credit: Archant
School’s out for summer, and there’s a seasonal series of free family-friendly festival events on the calendar to help people make the most of the break.
North Herts District Council has announced a string of 14 festival events across the district, with the first kicking off next week.
The events take place in parks and open spaces from next Wednesday, July 29 through to Friday, August 14 and aim to offer a wide range of fun activities which will appeal to children of all ages.
Organisers say there will be chances for children to take part in sporting challenges, have inflatable fun with a bouncy castle or dig for treasure on the beach.
Creative little ones will be invited to get messy in the arts and crafts areas.
You may also want to watch:
And there will also be organised games and active play equipment to play with like balance boards, pogo sticks and stilts.
The festivals will be visiting town parks in Hitchin, Royston, Baldock and Letchworth and the surrounding areas and villages of Preston, Knebworth, Barkway and Ashwell.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 10 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
Councillor Tony Hunter, the council’s community engagement portfolio holder, said: “Last summer holidays hundreds of people came along to join in the fun and games.
“We are proud to be able to run these festivals again this summer and want to encourage everyone to take part.”
For details of the Family Festivals of Fun and other activities that are running for children in North Hertfordshire during the summer holidays visit www.north-herts.gov.uk and search ‘summer family festivals.’
There are sessions planned at:
l Bancroft Gardens, Hitchin, Thursday, July 30, and Tuesday, Auust 11, 10am to 12 noon.
l Barkway Recreation Ground, Cambridge Road, Friday, July 31, and Monday, August 10, 10am to 12 noon (supported by Royston & Villages Children’s Centre).
l Preston School, Back Lane, Wednesday, August 12, 10am to 12 noon.
l Knebworth Recreation Ground, Watton Road, Friday, August 14, 10am to 12 noon (supported by Barleyfields Children’s Centre).
l Norton Common, Icknield Way, Letchworth, Thursday, July 30 and Tuesday, August 11, 2pm to 4pm.
l Avenue Park, West Avenue, Baldock, Wednesday, July 29 and Thursday, August 13, 2pm to 4pm
l Ashwell Recreation Ground, Lucas Lane, Friday, July 31, and Monday, August 10, 2pm to 4pm.