Feast of fun for the summer holidays in North Herts parks and public spaces
- Credit: Archant
School’s out for summer, and there’s a seasonal series of free family-friendly festival events on the calendar to help people make the most of the break.
North Herts District Council has announced a string of 14 festival events across the district, with the first kicking off next week.
The events take place in parks and open spaces from next Wednesday, July 29 through to Friday, August 14 and aim to offer a wide range of fun activities which will appeal to children of all ages.
Organisers say there will be chances for children to take part in sporting challenges, have inflatable fun with a bouncy castle or dig for treasure on the beach.
Creative little ones will be invited to get messy in the arts and crafts areas.
And there will also be organised games and active play equipment to play with like balance boards, pogo sticks and stilts.
The festivals will be visiting town parks in Hitchin, Royston, Baldock and Letchworth and the surrounding areas and villages of Preston, Knebworth, Barkway and Ashwell.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
Councillor Tony Hunter, the council’s community engagement portfolio holder, said: “Last summer holidays hundreds of people came along to join in the fun and games.
“We are proud to be able to run these festivals again this summer and want to encourage everyone to take part.”
For details of the Family Festivals of Fun and other activities that are running for children in North Hertfordshire during the summer holidays visit www.north-herts.gov.uk and search ‘summer family festivals.’
There are sessions planned at:
l Bancroft Gardens, Hitchin, Thursday, July 30, and Tuesday, Auust 11, 10am to 12 noon.
l Barkway Recreation Ground, Cambridge Road, Friday, July 31, and Monday, August 10, 10am to 12 noon (supported by Royston & Villages Children’s Centre).
l Preston School, Back Lane, Wednesday, August 12, 10am to 12 noon.
l Knebworth Recreation Ground, Watton Road, Friday, August 14, 10am to 12 noon (supported by Barleyfields Children’s Centre).
l Norton Common, Icknield Way, Letchworth, Thursday, July 30 and Tuesday, August 11, 2pm to 4pm.
l Avenue Park, West Avenue, Baldock, Wednesday, July 29 and Thursday, August 13, 2pm to 4pm
l Ashwell Recreation Ground, Lucas Lane, Friday, July 31, and Monday, August 10, 2pm to 4pm.