Dinosaurs, Mr Bloom and Dick & Dom announced for Hertfordshire festival’s family entertainment
- Credit: Carley Stansfield
Kids will be well entertained at Standon Calling this year with the festival’s full family programme announced – with dinosaurs, Dick & Dom and Mr Bloom all on the line-up.
The Hertfordshire festival returns to the grounds of Standon Lordship from Thursday, July 25 to Sunday, July 28.
Human singer Rag’n’Bone Man, the Mercury Prize-winning Wolf Alice, and the legendary Nile Rodgers & CHIC will headline the main stage at Standon Calling 2019.
St Albans trio Friendly Fires will also return to the fields of Standon as special guests on the Saturday night.
Organiser have now revealed the full family entertainment programme for the July weekender.
Kids can enjoy Dick & Dom’s DJ Battle, Mr Bloom & His Band and How To Train Your Dinosaur Live on stage.
Chatting about the family programme heading to Standon Calling 2019, festival founder and director Alex Trenchard said: “Some of my favourite memories of the past few years at Standon Calling have been seeing whole families enjoying the festival together.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
- 10 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
“In my family, my two boys have grown up with the festival and one of my highlights of the festival is taking time out of organising the festival to watch an act or catch some incredible entertainment with them.
“There is something for everyone at Standon Calling and that’s something we pride ourselves on delivering each and every year.
“With more variety and unmissable fun for all ages in 2019, I can’t wait to see those reactions once again.
“You’ll find me down the front for Dick & Dom that’s for sure!”
Children’s TV favourites Dick & Dom know how to throw a proper party.
Going head to head with their DJ Battle at Standon Calling this year, it’s going to be a showstopping bonanza full of singalong favourites.
The same can be said of Mr Bloom & His Band, with the children’s trailblazer, aka Ben Faulks, bringing all his friends from the allotment for a show bound to see smiles across the Lordship grounds.
Youngsters can get up close with Jurassic creatures as How To Train Your Dinosaur Live brings the prehistoric legends to life.
They can then head over to Jitterbug Circus to learn some circus skills.
Elsewhere, Kat’s Whiskers Theatre will have kids squealing with delight with their special interactive themed show and water balloon fight.
They’ll also be organising the Kids’ Parade.
Gunpowder Gertie brings her comedic street theatre show, sparking imaginations as she fires her art cannon whilst TAF lead workshops on graffiti and rap.
For the braver, Magic Marcus will have you gasping with his spellbinding tricks while Imajica Theatre lead both vocal workshops and dance routines.
Whether it’s arts and crafts, the Woodland Tribe, readings and workshops from Tamsyn Murray, Alice Hemming and Dan Peary or the trusty care of the Mortimer Nannies on-site, Standon Calling is packed with every aspect that makes for the perfect summer weekend for the family.
• Standon Calling tickets are on sale now, and are available from http://www.standon-calling.com/tickets