Family dynamics in focus as Greyscale takes to stage in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Critically-acclaimed theatre company Greyscale bring a new production with an intriguing take on the family dynamic to Letchworth on Thursday.
Gods Are Fallen And All Safety Gone, which is being staged at Letchworth Arts Centre, borrows its title from John Steinbeck’s East of Eden and explores a universal moment of realisation – when a child eventually recognises their parents as fellow human beings.
Although the much-praised show from one of the UK’s foremost contemporary theatre companies is performed by two male actors, it presents a lifetime of conversations between a thirtysomething daughter and her aging mother.
The frank and familiar exchanges between the two generations eventually reveal the truth of their seemingly tense relationship.
Arts centre manager Maria Iredale said: “This is a touching piece of theatre from a wonderful theatre company that seeks to explore the complex and unique nature of family dynamics.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great show to go to with your family as it will no doubt lead to some lively after-show discussions.”
Newcastle-based Greyscale specialises in carefully structured, powerful political theatre. The show starts at 8pm and is recommended for audiences aged 14 and over.Tickets are £12, or £10 in advance.
Call 01462 670788 or visit www.letchwortharts.org to find out more.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 8 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 9 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 10 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day