Extras and EastEnders star to appear in Stevenage Aladdin pantomime
- Credit: Archant
A star of the screen has been cast in a pantomime.
Shaun Williamson of EastEnders and Extras fame has been announced as the star name in the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage’s production of Aladdin which will run for more than eight weeks over Christmas.
Williamson is best known for playing the hapless Barry Evans in EastEnders from 1994-2004, and has since played a tragi-comic version of himself in the Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant comedies Extras and Life’s Too Short.
As well as being a television star, Williamson is well-versed as a singer and stage performer, starring in adaptations of Porridge and The Ladykillers and a host of musicals including Saturday Night Fever, Guys and Dolls and the Take That musical Never Forget.
In Aladdin, Williamson will be showcasing his wicked side as Abanazaar – the pantomime villain who is determined to scupper the hero’s plans.
You may also want to watch:
The Gordon Craig Theatre has also announced the return of Stevenage’s favourite dame, Paul Laidlaw, as Widow Twankey.
Aladdin runs from Friday November 28 until Sunday January 25. For tickets that start from £15.50, call the Box Office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers