Extras and EastEnders star to appear in Stevenage Aladdin pantomime
- Credit: Archant
A star of the screen has been cast in a pantomime.
Shaun Williamson of EastEnders and Extras fame has been announced as the star name in the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage’s production of Aladdin which will run for more than eight weeks over Christmas.
Williamson is best known for playing the hapless Barry Evans in EastEnders from 1994-2004, and has since played a tragi-comic version of himself in the Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant comedies Extras and Life’s Too Short.
As well as being a television star, Williamson is well-versed as a singer and stage performer, starring in adaptations of Porridge and The Ladykillers and a host of musicals including Saturday Night Fever, Guys and Dolls and the Take That musical Never Forget.
In Aladdin, Williamson will be showcasing his wicked side as Abanazaar – the pantomime villain who is determined to scupper the hero’s plans.
You may also want to watch:
The Gordon Craig Theatre has also announced the return of Stevenage’s favourite dame, Paul Laidlaw, as Widow Twankey.
Aladdin runs from Friday November 28 until Sunday January 25. For tickets that start from £15.50, call the Box Office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth