Especially for you...Jason Donovan shares the spotlight in Letchworth one-woman show
- Credit: Archant
Sarah Blanc may be presenting the premiere of her first solo show at Letchworth Arts Centre next Friday, but there will be a very special man sharing the stage with her.
The clue to this identity of this crucial character is in the title – It Started With Jason Donovan.
Sarah combines dance, theatre, comedy, and the songs of the one-time Neighbours star turned chart-topper, disc jockey and musical theatre stalwart in a funny and inventive show that explores her past dating life.
Presented in a lecture format, London-based performer and choreographer Sarah – with the help of a life-size cardboard cut-out of Jason – aims to help all the hopeless daters out there who have been led up the garden path by the romantic lyrics featured in the big hits of their one-time pop idols.
Arts centre manager Maria Iredale said: “This promises to be a really fun night for all. It’s an uplifting show that will make you laugh and resonate with anyone that’s ever suffered a failed relationship.”
You may also want to watch:
The Letchworth premiere is in advance of performances at the Edinburgh Fringe this summer.
The show is on Friday, May 8. Doors open at 7.30pm and the show starts at 8pm.
Tickets are £12 in advance and £14 on the door – to book online visit www.letchwortharts.org or call the box office on 01462 670788.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?