Envoy bring their message
THIS Saturday sees another double extravaganza at Club 85 with afternoon and evening gigs. To get things rolling at the Hitchin venue, with a gig starting at 2pm, are four promising young bands. Envoy are a four-piece who blew me away the last time I saw
THIS Saturday sees another double extravaganza at Club 85 with afternoon and evening gigs.
To get things rolling at the Hitchin venue, with a gig starting at 2pm, are four promising young bands.
Envoy are a four-piece who blew me away the last time I saw them perform live.
Although bathing in that sumptuous genre of psychedelic rock, Envoy do add a few dollops of indie influences to their songs which prevent them from being dragged into the deep and gloomy world of anguish psychedelia.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the bill for the afternoon gig are exciting new hardcore Hertfordshire band Scream! Shout! Say Nothing and three-piece powerpop rockers Furniture Sound.
What's more, the wonderfully talented local favourites Dead Kid Songs are back on form now that vocalist Tom has returned.
- 1 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
Later on the same day, or at 7.45pm to be a little more precise, another three bands have been lined up.
The focus changes slightly, with a little more emphasis on metal.
On-the-up metal band Imicus, who are soon to support Panic Cell again, are joined by Club Sex and screamo metallers Something of Nothing.
You can check out music and info on all of the bands on their myspace sites.