Eminem wows crowd at Virgin Media V Festival
AMERICAN rapper Eminem stole the show as he closed the 2011 Virgin Media V Festival at Chelmsford’s Hylands Park on Sunday.
The Detroit-born star enthralled crowds with his epic set, which included hits such as My Name Is, Without Me and Stan, as well as more recent material from his 2010 album, Recovery.
The highlight of his set was an appearance by Rhianna - who had earlier wowed crowds on the main stage with a raunchy set of her own - to perform their smash hit Love the Way you Lie.
The previous day, fellow rapper Dizzee Rascal entertained fans on the 4 Music stage with his headline set, whilst indie rockers Arctic Monkeys belted out their hits on the main stage.
The rain fell on Saturday afternoon, but it failed to damped the spirit of revellers and 100,000 smiles soon brought the sun back out.
You may also want to watch:
In the Arena tent, Eliza Doolittle performed a stunning cover of Bruno Mars’ Grenade, while Mars himself took to the main stage to perform an engaging set to a large crowd.
Often dubbed as a “pick n mix festival”, there really was something to suit almost everyone’s musical tastes, with other standout performances including, Essex’s own Olly Murs and Jessie J, Chase and Status, Scouting for Girls and the Kaiser Chiefs. Calvin Harris and Pendulum also proved popular closing acts on the scorching hot Sunday.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Between acts, celebrities and VIP guests were once again treated to five star luxury in the lavish surroundings of the Virgin Media Louder Lounge.
Spotted throughout the weekend were Harry Potter star Rupert Grint, the cast of hit reality show The Only Way is Essex and the cheeky chaps from Channel 4’s The Inbetweeners.
Guests were able to take advantage of makeovers from the MAC Pro Team, Wah Nails and award-winning hair stylist Jim Shaw and his team, to ensure they looked glam throughout the weekend.
The experts from St Tropez were also on hand to give guests the chance to sport an all over bronzed body look, despite the brief spell of wet weather on Saturday afternoon.
Meals were provided by Essex-based catering company Moving Feasts, with The Ice Cream Parlour and Charmaine’s Cupcakes providing extra delights for those with a sweet tooth.
Specially designed cocktails were also served in the lavish surroundings of the Roof Gardens.
The sold-out event saw festival goers enjoy a stonking weekend of music and entertainment and organisers will have to go some to beat that next year!
For more information visit www.vfestival.com