Elvis is in the (school) building
ELVIS will be in the building next weekend, teaming up with Dean Martin for a charity event.
Top tribute act Neil J Duncan will be at Barclay School in Stevenage, showcasing the many hits by Deano and The King.
The Las Vegas-style night is in aid of the Herts MS Therapy Centre in Letchworth – a charity close to organiser Richard McDowell’s heart, as his wife, Jackie, receives support there.
Richard promised a great night.
“Neil is an old school friend of mine, so I may easily be accused of bias, but he is genuinely one of the best Elvis and Dean Martin tribute artists you are ever likely to see,” he said.
“He has a terrific sense of humour and it’s not necessary to be a big fan to have a brilliant evening.”
Neil will open the show with crooner Deano at his laid back best, before cranking it up in the second half with the voice, looks, moves and stage presence of Memphis’ finest.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 3 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 4 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 5 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
“Neil is a truly gifted entertainer who intuitively understands how to win an audience’s affections with his charm and humour,” added Richard.
“A brilliant evening is absolutely guaranteed.”
Tickets, which cost �12, are available from Richard by calling 01438 221919 or 07749 713380.