Edgar Broughton and RotW favourites at Club 85
- Credit: Archant
A TALENTED mix will be at Club 85 next weekend for another Rhythms of the World fundraiser.
Edgar Broughton, POG and The Finger Choppers will be the entertainment at the Hitchin venue next Saturday.
Singer/songwriter/guitarist Broughton was a founder member of the Edgar Broughton band in the 60s and is well known for his incredible voice and political lyrics.
Today, his many musical interests are reflected in his songs, from industrial techno and hard rock, to Buddhist chants and yoik – the traditional singing style of the Sami reindeer herders of northern Scandinavia.
Expect an emotive and powerful performance.
There’s more on the night, though, with last year’s Rhythms performers POG and The Finger Choppers taking to the stage.
POG’s tales of everyday failure make for a catchy folky sound, reminiscent of Violent Femmes and Belle & Sebastian, while Welwyn GC band The Finger Choppers “pervert” – their own term – old time blues hillbilly and rock ‘n’ roll.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
Tickets for the 16-plus event cost six quid in advance from Club 85 or David’s Music in Letchworth GC, and are £8 on the door.
Doors open at 7.45pm, with music until midnight.