Edgar Broughton and RotW favourites at Club 85
- Credit: Archant
A TALENTED mix will be at Club 85 next weekend for another Rhythms of the World fundraiser.
Edgar Broughton, POG and The Finger Choppers will be the entertainment at the Hitchin venue next Saturday.
Singer/songwriter/guitarist Broughton was a founder member of the Edgar Broughton band in the 60s and is well known for his incredible voice and political lyrics.
Today, his many musical interests are reflected in his songs, from industrial techno and hard rock, to Buddhist chants and yoik – the traditional singing style of the Sami reindeer herders of northern Scandinavia.
Expect an emotive and powerful performance.
You may also want to watch:
There’s more on the night, though, with last year’s Rhythms performers POG and The Finger Choppers taking to the stage.
POG’s tales of everyday failure make for a catchy folky sound, reminiscent of Violent Femmes and Belle & Sebastian, while Welwyn GC band The Finger Choppers “pervert” – their own term – old time blues hillbilly and rock ‘n’ roll.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
Tickets for the 16-plus event cost six quid in advance from Club 85 or David’s Music in Letchworth GC, and are £8 on the door.
Doors open at 7.45pm, with music until midnight.