Ed Byrne aims to be a Stevenage Crowd Pleaser
A COMEDIAN “at the top of his game” will be entertaining a Stevenage audience next weekend with his new show.
Observational stand up Ed Byrne comes to the Gordon Craig Theatre on Saturday, September 24, with Crowd Pleaser, dubbed as “a hilarious insight into his life”.
Continuing his quest to turn into a grumpy old man, Ed touches on the subject with musings about his cat, cake, religion and potential fatherhood.
The Irishman’s latest material follows Different Class, which received plaudits such as “Byrne is at the top of his game” (The Sunday Telegraph), “His wit won deafening cheers and feet stomping” (The Guardian) and “Jokes come so fast that hecklers don’t have a chance to get a word in edgeways” (The Times) in 2009.
Byrne, a regular on television panel shows including the BBC’s Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You, has performed the world over with comedy festival appearances in Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France and Singapore.
You may also want to watch:
Starting touring in March, Byrne’s Stevenage Crowd Pleaser gig starts will be followed by a series of UK shows which culminate in December.
The two-hour show starts at 7.45pm, with tickets priced at �21.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Did you know St Trinian's school was once in north Hertfordshire?
To book tickets call 01438 894802 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk