Ed Byrne aims to be a Stevenage Crowd Pleaser
A COMEDIAN “at the top of his game” will be entertaining a Stevenage audience next weekend with his new show.
Observational stand up Ed Byrne comes to the Gordon Craig Theatre on Saturday, September 24, with Crowd Pleaser, dubbed as “a hilarious insight into his life”.
Continuing his quest to turn into a grumpy old man, Ed touches on the subject with musings about his cat, cake, religion and potential fatherhood.
The Irishman’s latest material follows Different Class, which received plaudits such as “Byrne is at the top of his game” (The Sunday Telegraph), “His wit won deafening cheers and feet stomping” (The Guardian) and “Jokes come so fast that hecklers don’t have a chance to get a word in edgeways” (The Times) in 2009.
Byrne, a regular on television panel shows including the BBC’s Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You, has performed the world over with comedy festival appearances in Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France and Singapore.
Starting touring in March, Byrne’s Stevenage Crowd Pleaser gig starts will be followed by a series of UK shows which culminate in December.
The two-hour show starts at 7.45pm, with tickets priced at �21.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 3 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 4 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 5 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
To book tickets call 01438 894802 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk