Ed Byrne aims to be a Stevenage Crowd Pleaser
A COMEDIAN “at the top of his game” will be entertaining a Stevenage audience next weekend with his new show.
Observational stand up Ed Byrne comes to the Gordon Craig Theatre on Saturday, September 24, with Crowd Pleaser, dubbed as “a hilarious insight into his life”.
Continuing his quest to turn into a grumpy old man, Ed touches on the subject with musings about his cat, cake, religion and potential fatherhood.
The Irishman’s latest material follows Different Class, which received plaudits such as “Byrne is at the top of his game” (The Sunday Telegraph), “His wit won deafening cheers and feet stomping” (The Guardian) and “Jokes come so fast that hecklers don’t have a chance to get a word in edgeways” (The Times) in 2009.
Byrne, a regular on television panel shows including the BBC’s Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You, has performed the world over with comedy festival appearances in Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France and Singapore.
Starting touring in March, Byrne’s Stevenage Crowd Pleaser gig starts will be followed by a series of UK shows which culminate in December.
The two-hour show starts at 7.45pm, with tickets priced at �21.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
To book tickets call 01438 894802 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk