Ed Byrne aims to be a Stevenage Crowd Pleaser
A COMEDIAN “at the top of his game” will be entertaining a Stevenage audience next weekend with his new show.
Observational stand up Ed Byrne comes to the Gordon Craig Theatre on Saturday, September 24, with Crowd Pleaser, dubbed as “a hilarious insight into his life”.
Continuing his quest to turn into a grumpy old man, Ed touches on the subject with musings about his cat, cake, religion and potential fatherhood.
The Irishman’s latest material follows Different Class, which received plaudits such as “Byrne is at the top of his game” (The Sunday Telegraph), “His wit won deafening cheers and feet stomping” (The Guardian) and “Jokes come so fast that hecklers don’t have a chance to get a word in edgeways” (The Times) in 2009.
Byrne, a regular on television panel shows including the BBC’s Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You, has performed the world over with comedy festival appearances in Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France and Singapore.
You may also want to watch:
Starting touring in March, Byrne’s Stevenage Crowd Pleaser gig starts will be followed by a series of UK shows which culminate in December.
The two-hour show starts at 7.45pm, with tickets priced at �21.
- 1 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 2 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 3 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 4 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Council leader reacts to recent stabbings in Stevenage
- 7 Free trees to be offered to North Herts residents for 'urban forest' plans
- 8 Stevenage road closed after crash
- 9 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher
To book tickets call 01438 894802 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk