Easy All Stars put the dub in Club85
Veteran dub collective Easy All Stars will have Club85 booming when they drop by on their world tour of new album First Light.
Known principally as a dub tribute act, their new recording released in April is their first full-length album of original material.
Now if a dub tribute act sounds a bit wrong, you have got to have a listen to their take on Radiohead (Radiodread), Pink Floyd (Dub Side of the Moon) and The Beatles (Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Dub Band). Guitarist Michael Goldwasser said: “Our tribute albums are very fun to make and play live, but there is so much original music in this band waiting to be heard. First Light was a great project for everyone in the band in that they could take a break from other people’s music and focus on their own.”
Fellow founder member Lem Oppenheimer added: “We have such a good group of people actively working in the group now, and they’ve become pretty close from touring as much as they do. It was awesome seeing them get to flex different muscles in the studio and collaborate on songs with each other. It’s rare to see a veteran band that has played together this much approach a project with new energy, like it’s their first record ever.”
Support on the night is from Shabby Tinkerz and The Defekters. Entrance is �15.
Venue has a couple of tickets up for grabs for the show, on Friday July 29.
To be in with a chance of winning the pair, answer the following question: Which Radiohead album did the band cover on Radiodread?
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 3 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 4 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 5 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 6 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 7 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 8 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 9 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 10 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
Email your answer with ‘DUBSTARS’ in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org