Easy All Stars put the dub in Club85
Veteran dub collective Easy All Stars will have Club85 booming when they drop by on their world tour of new album First Light.
Known principally as a dub tribute act, their new recording released in April is their first full-length album of original material.
Now if a dub tribute act sounds a bit wrong, you have got to have a listen to their take on Radiohead (Radiodread), Pink Floyd (Dub Side of the Moon) and The Beatles (Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Dub Band). Guitarist Michael Goldwasser said: “Our tribute albums are very fun to make and play live, but there is so much original music in this band waiting to be heard. First Light was a great project for everyone in the band in that they could take a break from other people’s music and focus on their own.”
Fellow founder member Lem Oppenheimer added: “We have such a good group of people actively working in the group now, and they’ve become pretty close from touring as much as they do. It was awesome seeing them get to flex different muscles in the studio and collaborate on songs with each other. It’s rare to see a veteran band that has played together this much approach a project with new energy, like it’s their first record ever.”
Support on the night is from Shabby Tinkerz and The Defekters. Entrance is �15.
You may also want to watch:
Venue has a couple of tickets up for grabs for the show, on Friday July 29.
To be in with a chance of winning the pair, answer the following question: Which Radiohead album did the band cover on Radiodread?
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
Email your answer with ‘DUBSTARS’ in the subject field to email@example.com