Easter in the air as Vivace choir welcomes voices from the capital for Letchworth date
- Credit: Archant
Singers from the Arlesey-based Vivace Choir will combine with soloists from London for a spring concert in Letchworth.
The event on Saturday, March 21, at St Michael’s Church in Broadway will feature works including Stainer’s Crucifixion and pieces by Elgar and Stanford.
The choir was established in 2001, and welcomes members with a great diversity of musical backgrounds and experience, performing in venues across north Herts and Beds.
New musical director Joe Bolger is looking to use his contacts to bring up and coming talent to work with the Vivace chorus, giving them a platform to hone their performance skills and allowing audiences to enjoy their talent.
For the spring concert, one of three main events staged by the choir each year, he will be harnessing the talents of tenor David de Winter and baritone Malachy Frame as well as organist Alexander Binns.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12 adults, £8 for teenagers, and children under 13 get in free, and admission prices include a glass of wine or fruit juice.
You can reserve yours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01462 735642, and tickets may be available on the door subject to availability.
Find out more about the choir at vivacechoir.co.uk.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death