Easter in the air as Vivace choir welcomes voices from the capital for Letchworth date
- Credit: Archant
Singers from the Arlesey-based Vivace Choir will combine with soloists from London for a spring concert in Letchworth.
The event on Saturday, March 21, at St Michael’s Church in Broadway will feature works including Stainer’s Crucifixion and pieces by Elgar and Stanford.
The choir was established in 2001, and welcomes members with a great diversity of musical backgrounds and experience, performing in venues across north Herts and Beds.
New musical director Joe Bolger is looking to use his contacts to bring up and coming talent to work with the Vivace chorus, giving them a platform to hone their performance skills and allowing audiences to enjoy their talent.
For the spring concert, one of three main events staged by the choir each year, he will be harnessing the talents of tenor David de Winter and baritone Malachy Frame as well as organist Alexander Binns.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12 adults, £8 for teenagers, and children under 13 get in free, and admission prices include a glass of wine or fruit juice.
You can reserve yours by emailing email@example.com or calling 01462 735642, and tickets may be available on the door subject to availability.
Find out more about the choir at vivacechoir.co.uk.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 5 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?