Easter activities for the kids in Letchworth and Stevenage
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
With the Easter holidays upon us, there will be plenty to keep the kids entertained in Letchworth and Stevenage.
In Letchworth town centre, Garden Square Shopping Centre will host crafting activities for children on Wednesday, April 4, courtesy of the shopping centre’s Kids’ Club.which includes
The day will include a straw bonnet craft workshop, giving them the opportunity to design and decorate their own hats.
The following Wednesday, April 11, families are welcome to join the bird box craft workshop. The RSPB will also be at the centre to educate children on the types of birds that will visit their newly made boxes.
There will also be a chance to win £50 from tomorrow until April 13, in Garden Square’s chick hunt. Simple hunt for the names of six chicks hidden inside the stores and note them down on the entry form. Submit your completed form at Specsavers postbox before April 13.
Over in Stevenage, the borough council’s play schemes will be open from Tuesday, April 3, until April 13. Activities for children aged five to 14 include first aid skills, archery and a mini Olympics. They will be held at play centres in Bandley Hill, Pin Green, St Nicholas and Symonds Green Community Centre.
Also, keep your eyes peeled for Bedwell’s mobile play service – visiting Fairlands Valley Park and the Town Centre Gardens.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Next Friday, April 7, an Easter egg hunt takes place in the town centre, indoor market and Westgate Shopping Centre between 9am and 5pm. Free car parking is available at St George’s Way multi-storey car park, and the winner’s prize is a family ticket to Air Space at Stevenage Leisure Park. There is also a chance for kids to meet their favourite characters and superheroes in the town centre, on April 14 from 10am to 3.30pm.
A two-day workshop in Stevenage Museum provides the chance to make amazing animal masks from April 11 to 12, running at 11am to 12 noon and 2pm to 3pm. Sessions cost £6.
The Bath House in Stevenage’s Church Lane opens from next Thursday, April 5, until April 12, from 2pm to 3pm. It’s an opportunity to see how local people kept clean in the olden times and make simple bath bags or pirate boats to float in your bath at home. The event is free, and activities are £1 each.
For more on the Letchworth events see gardensquareshopping.co.uk, and for Stevenage go to stevenage.gov.uk/news-and-events/events.