EastEnders star in Stevenage as theatre breaks new ground
A THEATRE will be breaking new ground with a new play which opens next week.
The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage will be producing its first in-house play when Woman In Mind (December Bee) takes to the stage on Wednesday.
The show’s cast includes EastEnders star Marc Bannerman who may also be familiar to fans of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, while Chris Clarkson will be returning to the theatre for the third year running having graced the last two Christmas pantomimes.
Written by Alan Ayckbourn and directed by Catherine Lomax, the play revolves around Susan (Angie Smith), a woman who seems to have it all.
However all is not as it seems and Susan is caught between reality and fantasy with two families.
At one end of the spectrum Susan has the perfect doting family and at the other a dysfunctional and somewhat dull family.
The story follows Susan’s plight into madness as she loses her ability to separate fiction from reality. Her only hope is her charming doctor Bill Windsor who, it seems, may have his own agenda behind helping Susan.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
Expect an emotional rollercoaster ride as you share Susan’s highs and lows in this richly dark comedy.
Woman In Mind (December Bee) runs from Wednesday, October 17, until Saturday, October 20, at 7.45pm, with Thursday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm.
For tickets, which start from �16, contact the box office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk