EastEnders star in Stevenage as theatre breaks new ground
A THEATRE will be breaking new ground with a new play which opens next week.
The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage will be producing its first in-house play when Woman In Mind (December Bee) takes to the stage on Wednesday.
The show’s cast includes EastEnders star Marc Bannerman who may also be familiar to fans of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, while Chris Clarkson will be returning to the theatre for the third year running having graced the last two Christmas pantomimes.
Written by Alan Ayckbourn and directed by Catherine Lomax, the play revolves around Susan (Angie Smith), a woman who seems to have it all.
However all is not as it seems and Susan is caught between reality and fantasy with two families.
You may also want to watch:
At one end of the spectrum Susan has the perfect doting family and at the other a dysfunctional and somewhat dull family.
The story follows Susan’s plight into madness as she loses her ability to separate fiction from reality. Her only hope is her charming doctor Bill Windsor who, it seems, may have his own agenda behind helping Susan.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
Expect an emotional rollercoaster ride as you share Susan’s highs and lows in this richly dark comedy.
Woman In Mind (December Bee) runs from Wednesday, October 17, until Saturday, October 20, at 7.45pm, with Thursday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm.
For tickets, which start from �16, contact the box office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk