EastEnders star in Stevenage as theatre breaks new ground
A THEATRE will be breaking new ground with a new play which opens next week.
The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage will be producing its first in-house play when Woman In Mind (December Bee) takes to the stage on Wednesday.
The show’s cast includes EastEnders star Marc Bannerman who may also be familiar to fans of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, while Chris Clarkson will be returning to the theatre for the third year running having graced the last two Christmas pantomimes.
Written by Alan Ayckbourn and directed by Catherine Lomax, the play revolves around Susan (Angie Smith), a woman who seems to have it all.
However all is not as it seems and Susan is caught between reality and fantasy with two families.
You may also want to watch:
At one end of the spectrum Susan has the perfect doting family and at the other a dysfunctional and somewhat dull family.
The story follows Susan’s plight into madness as she loses her ability to separate fiction from reality. Her only hope is her charming doctor Bill Windsor who, it seems, may have his own agenda behind helping Susan.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Expect an emotional rollercoaster ride as you share Susan’s highs and lows in this richly dark comedy.
Woman In Mind (December Bee) runs from Wednesday, October 17, until Saturday, October 20, at 7.45pm, with Thursday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm.
For tickets, which start from �16, contact the box office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk