DVD Review: Four Lions (15)
Laughing in the face of terror
Four Lions (15)
Chris Morris, whose searingly satirical Brass Eye put the tabloid press in a fury in the late 1990s, turns his attentions to home-grown suicide bombers.
Inspired by the bungled attempts of real-life Muslim radicals such as the shoe bomber and the flaming Islamist beaten up by a passing Glaswegian, Morris creates a cell of would-be British bombers plotting an attack from terraced homes in Doncaster.
Confused, clueless and surprisingly endearing, Morris uses this group of aspiring martyrs to create a comic farce in which their brand of fundamentalism is revealed as a laugh-out-loud joke - but one that may still have a deadly punch line.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death