DVD Review: Four Lions (15)
Laughing in the face of terror
Four Lions (15)
Chris Morris, whose searingly satirical Brass Eye put the tabloid press in a fury in the late 1990s, turns his attentions to home-grown suicide bombers.
Inspired by the bungled attempts of real-life Muslim radicals such as the shoe bomber and the flaming Islamist beaten up by a passing Glaswegian, Morris creates a cell of would-be British bombers plotting an attack from terraced homes in Doncaster.
Confused, clueless and surprisingly endearing, Morris uses this group of aspiring martyrs to create a comic farce in which their brand of fundamentalism is revealed as a laugh-out-loud joke - but one that may still have a deadly punch line.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses