DVD Review: Four Lions (15)
Laughing in the face of terror
Four Lions (15)
Chris Morris, whose searingly satirical Brass Eye put the tabloid press in a fury in the late 1990s, turns his attentions to home-grown suicide bombers.
Inspired by the bungled attempts of real-life Muslim radicals such as the shoe bomber and the flaming Islamist beaten up by a passing Glaswegian, Morris creates a cell of would-be British bombers plotting an attack from terraced homes in Doncaster.
Confused, clueless and surprisingly endearing, Morris uses this group of aspiring martyrs to create a comic farce in which their brand of fundamentalism is revealed as a laugh-out-loud joke - but one that may still have a deadly punch line.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event