DVD Review: Edge of Darkness
Edge Of Darkness (15)
WHEN a police detective’s 24-year-old daughter is shot dead while visiting his home he presumes the target was himself.
But as he tries to find her killer he discovers a secret world of power, a world in which his daughter was seen as a threat.
An intense Mel Gibson stars as “the guy with nothing to lose” treading the fine line between justice and vengeance, helped by a brutal and charismatic Ray Winstone, as a shadowy operative with insider knowledge.
Action-packed and thoughtful, the shoot-outs and chase scenes are tempered by an analysis of family life - questioning how well we know those closest to us.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage