DVD Review: Astro Boy
Astro Boy (PG)
IN a future city where robots and humans coexist in a segregated society, a top scientist mourning the loss of his dead son creates a robot boy in his image.
Powered by mysterious “blue energy” the little robot has super-strength, x-ray vision and the ability to fly.
But when the city’s mayor wants to use Astro Boy’s powers for his own corrupt ends, the boy robot is forced to go on the run.
Helped by new human friends, AB hides his real powers, until he must return to Metro City to help his family.
You may also want to watch:
Great-looking CGI adventure with a clunky moral message.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found