Dutch National Ballet’s performance broadcast to Stevenage
LOVERS of ballet can watch a special live performance broadcast from The Netherlands in Stevenage next week.
The Dutch National Ballet’s Nutcracker and The Mouse King will be shown live at Cineworld in Stevenage Leisure Park via a satellite on Friday, December 30.
It will be the first time cinema audiences outside The Netherlands have been able to watch the company’s version of the seasonal favourite, in a ballet that includes skaters gliding over canals, the living room transforming into a snow-covered forest, and a mechanised Nutcracker doll.
Choreographed by Wayne Eagling and Toer van Schayk, it stars Russian and Canadian pairing Anna Tsygankova and Matthew Golding, who are dancing the Nutcracker together for the first time.
Stevenage is one of a number of cinemas across the UK which the performance will be broadcast to, from 12.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �12 or �10 for concessions.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss