Dutch National Ballet’s performance broadcast to Stevenage
LOVERS of ballet can watch a special live performance broadcast from The Netherlands in Stevenage next week.
The Dutch National Ballet’s Nutcracker and The Mouse King will be shown live at Cineworld in Stevenage Leisure Park via a satellite on Friday, December 30.
It will be the first time cinema audiences outside The Netherlands have been able to watch the company’s version of the seasonal favourite, in a ballet that includes skaters gliding over canals, the living room transforming into a snow-covered forest, and a mechanised Nutcracker doll.
Choreographed by Wayne Eagling and Toer van Schayk, it stars Russian and Canadian pairing Anna Tsygankova and Matthew Golding, who are dancing the Nutcracker together for the first time.
Stevenage is one of a number of cinemas across the UK which the performance will be broadcast to, from 12.45pm.
Tickets cost �12 or �10 for concessions.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase