Dutch National Ballet’s performance broadcast to Stevenage
LOVERS of ballet can watch a special live performance broadcast from The Netherlands in Stevenage next week.
The Dutch National Ballet’s Nutcracker and The Mouse King will be shown live at Cineworld in Stevenage Leisure Park via a satellite on Friday, December 30.
It will be the first time cinema audiences outside The Netherlands have been able to watch the company’s version of the seasonal favourite, in a ballet that includes skaters gliding over canals, the living room transforming into a snow-covered forest, and a mechanised Nutcracker doll.
Choreographed by Wayne Eagling and Toer van Schayk, it stars Russian and Canadian pairing Anna Tsygankova and Matthew Golding, who are dancing the Nutcracker together for the first time.
Stevenage is one of a number of cinemas across the UK which the performance will be broadcast to, from 12.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �12 or �10 for concessions.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?