Duo in tune
MUSICIANS Andrew Hubbard and Richard Stark will be performing in a classical concert at St Mary s Church in Hitchin. Andrew is a talented pianist and violinist and performed at the BAFTAs in 2002. He is currently playing in Phantom of the Opera in the Wes
MUSICIANS Andrew Hubbard and Richard Stark will be performing in a classical concert at St Mary's Church in Hitchin.
Andrew is a talented pianist and violinist and performed at the BAFTAs in 2002.
He is currently playing in Phantom of the Opera in the West End.
As well as violin pieces, such as the theme from Schindler's List, Andrew's performance will include Brahms' Rhapsody in G Minor and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.
Singer Richard Stark will be performing popular songs such as Bring Him Home from the musical Les Miserables and You Raise Me Up, made famous by Josh Groben.
Richard will also be performing some demanding classical pieces, including work by Mozart, Verdi and Schubert.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Also performing in the recital is clarinettist Mary Hiles and tuba player Stephen Stribbling.
The recital will take place at 7.30pm on Saturday, April 14.
Tickets, at £10 or £8 for concessions, can be purchased from the Hitchin Initiative - next to the concert venue - or by calling 01234 307708 or 07903 555705.
Wine and nibbles will be served during the interval and CDs will be available to buy.