Duo host Hitchin comedy gala
BEFORE decamping to Scotland for this year’s Edinburgh Festival Fringe, a comedy duo will host a special gala performance of their monthly comedy and music club in Hitchin.
Doggett & Ephgrave, the pair behind Mostly Comedy, will present a five-strong line-up when taking to the stage at the Queen Mother Theatre next Thursday, July 28.
Headlining at the Walsworth Road venue will be the 82-year-old lifestyle guru of BBC Radio 2’s Steve Wright in the Afternoon, Barry From Watford.
The creation of comic actor Alex Lowe, Barry from Watford has been appearing bi-weekly on Steve Wright’s show and has gained a staunch radio following, as well as name-checking from unlikely sources such as Tom Hanks and Ringo Starr.
Also headlining is a controversial cult YouTube sensation whose name is too unsavoury to print.
You may also want to watch:
The musical comic’s last two singles charted in the UK at number 66 and number 63, and his act has recently been described by Guardian columnist and comedian Charlie Brooker as “life-affirmingly puerile stuff”.
Other acts to appear at the 8pm show include the BBC Talent New Pick of the Fringe Jay Foreman, Hackney Empire 2011 New Act finalist David Trent and Mostly Comedy favourite Nish Kumar.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 9 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
Tickets are �8, and are available in advance on 01462 455166, via www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk or from the Hitchin Festival box office on 01462 453336.