Driftwood on show
DRIFTWOOD has washed up at The Bothy – an arts and crafts gallery in the grounds of Hexton Manor near Hitchin. Artist David Holmes makes decorative art from driftwood collected from beaches. His work includes mirrors and lamps, as well as pictures and car
DRIFTWOOD has washed up at The Bothy - an arts and crafts gallery in the grounds of Hexton Manor near Hitchin.
Artist David Holmes makes decorative art from driftwood collected from beaches.
His work includes mirrors and lamps, as well as pictures and cards evoking the spirit of the beach.
His work is being exhibited as part of the annual Hertfordshire open studio event, when nearly 200 artists open their studios and galleries to the public.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is open from Thursday to Sunday throughout September.
For more information, call 07813100651 or visit www.hvaf.org.com
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts