Dreaming of life back in the 60s
AN ULTIMATE 60s evening is being held at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre. The night includes performances by The Dreamers and The Fortunes, as well as a tribute to John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Hailing from Birmingham, The Fortunes first came to promi
AN ULTIMATE 60s evening is being held at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.
The night includes performances by The Dreamers and The Fortunes, as well as a tribute to John Lennon and Paul McCartney.
Hailing from Birmingham, The Fortunes first came to prominence and international acclaim during the swinging 60s.
The original band members will be performing hits including Storm in a Teacup and Freedom Come, Freedom Go.
You may also want to watch:
The Dreamers now feature two of the original band who backed Freddie Garrity in the 1960s - Alan Mosca and Bryan Byng - and remain popular to this day with a catalogue of appearances in Britain and abroad.
There will also be a performance of Lennon and McCartney hits.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
The show takes place next Friday, January 19, at 8pm.
Tickets are £15, or £12.50 for concessions, and are available at the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk