Dreaming of life back in the 60s
AN ULTIMATE 60s evening is being held at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre. The night includes performances by The Dreamers and The Fortunes, as well as a tribute to John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Hailing from Birmingham, The Fortunes first came to promi
AN ULTIMATE 60s evening is being held at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.
The night includes performances by The Dreamers and The Fortunes, as well as a tribute to John Lennon and Paul McCartney.
Hailing from Birmingham, The Fortunes first came to prominence and international acclaim during the swinging 60s.
The original band members will be performing hits including Storm in a Teacup and Freedom Come, Freedom Go.
The Dreamers now feature two of the original band who backed Freddie Garrity in the 1960s - Alan Mosca and Bryan Byng - and remain popular to this day with a catalogue of appearances in Britain and abroad.
There will also be a performance of Lennon and McCartney hits.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
The show takes place next Friday, January 19, at 8pm.
Tickets are £15, or £12.50 for concessions, and are available at the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk