Double bill sees Yvonne and Pete sharing the Christchurch bill in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
There’s a tempting double bill of acoustic talent lined up to perform on stage at Baldock Community Centre next week.
The event being arranged by the team at the town’s Christchurch will feature both local favourite Pete Guy and Scottish songstress Yvonne Lyon.
Yvonne, right, who released a new album last year and has dates at The Stables in Milton Keynes coming up soon, is known for emotive performances that combine poignant lyrics with creative melodies and a voice that can be both fragile and intense.
Pete, below, a familiar face at venues and festivals in the North Herts area, will be playing songs from forthcoming EP release Somewhere Else and joined on the night by Rachel Jones on keyboard, JB Briant on violin, bass and guitar and Richard Squire on cajon and percussion.
They’ll both be at the Simpson Drive venue on Saturday, March 19, from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £9 in advance from 07507 771384 or email email@example.com.
You can take advantage of a special offer by snapping up four tickets for £32, or if you leave it late they’ll still be available on the door on the night at £10 a time.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 4 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 5 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 8 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth