Double bill sees Yvonne and Pete sharing the Christchurch bill in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
There’s a tempting double bill of acoustic talent lined up to perform on stage at Baldock Community Centre next week.
The event being arranged by the team at the town’s Christchurch will feature both local favourite Pete Guy and Scottish songstress Yvonne Lyon.
Yvonne, right, who released a new album last year and has dates at The Stables in Milton Keynes coming up soon, is known for emotive performances that combine poignant lyrics with creative melodies and a voice that can be both fragile and intense.
Pete, below, a familiar face at venues and festivals in the North Herts area, will be playing songs from forthcoming EP release Somewhere Else and joined on the night by Rachel Jones on keyboard, JB Briant on violin, bass and guitar and Richard Squire on cajon and percussion.
They’ll both be at the Simpson Drive venue on Saturday, March 19, from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £9 in advance from 07507 771384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can take advantage of a special offer by snapping up four tickets for £32, or if you leave it late they’ll still be available on the door on the night at £10 a time.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death