Double Bill of classic ballet
THERE S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up. On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss. Using some of the original choreography
THERE'S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up.
On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss.
Using some of the original choreography with new and vibrant imaginings, Darius James' production is a unique production of this classical ballet.
THE following evening, Thursday, June 15, the company turns to classical English literature with a stunning production of Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
You may also want to watch:
A group of men and women from various walks of life meet on a pilgrimage from London to Canterbury and tell each other stories to pass the time along the way.
Join the earthy wife of Bath, the ungentlemanly knight, the nun, the squire, the monk and the miller in a vivid interpretation which brings Chaucer's vibrant crowd of characters alive.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Both shows start at 7.45pm. Tickets for each of the evenings are £17, £16 and £15, or there are discounted prices of £32, £30 and £28 for both nights.
COMING slightly more up to date, the Rock 'n' Roll Years on Friday, June 16, relives the golden years of the 1950s and 60s and brings you the songs that shaped a generation.
Tickets are £16.50, concessions £15.
* For details of all events at The Gordon Craig Theatre call 08700 131030 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk