Double Bill of classic ballet
THERE S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up. On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss. Using some of the original choreography
THERE'S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up.
On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss.
Using some of the original choreography with new and vibrant imaginings, Darius James' production is a unique production of this classical ballet.
THE following evening, Thursday, June 15, the company turns to classical English literature with a stunning production of Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
A group of men and women from various walks of life meet on a pilgrimage from London to Canterbury and tell each other stories to pass the time along the way.
Join the earthy wife of Bath, the ungentlemanly knight, the nun, the squire, the monk and the miller in a vivid interpretation which brings Chaucer's vibrant crowd of characters alive.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 8 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 9 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Both shows start at 7.45pm. Tickets for each of the evenings are £17, £16 and £15, or there are discounted prices of £32, £30 and £28 for both nights.
COMING slightly more up to date, the Rock 'n' Roll Years on Friday, June 16, relives the golden years of the 1950s and 60s and brings you the songs that shaped a generation.
Tickets are £16.50, concessions £15.
* For details of all events at The Gordon Craig Theatre call 08700 131030 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk