Double Bill of classic ballet
THERE S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up. On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss. Using some of the original choreography
THERE'S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up.
On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss.
Using some of the original choreography with new and vibrant imaginings, Darius James' production is a unique production of this classical ballet.
THE following evening, Thursday, June 15, the company turns to classical English literature with a stunning production of Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
You may also want to watch:
A group of men and women from various walks of life meet on a pilgrimage from London to Canterbury and tell each other stories to pass the time along the way.
Join the earthy wife of Bath, the ungentlemanly knight, the nun, the squire, the monk and the miller in a vivid interpretation which brings Chaucer's vibrant crowd of characters alive.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Both shows start at 7.45pm. Tickets for each of the evenings are £17, £16 and £15, or there are discounted prices of £32, £30 and £28 for both nights.
COMING slightly more up to date, the Rock 'n' Roll Years on Friday, June 16, relives the golden years of the 1950s and 60s and brings you the songs that shaped a generation.
Tickets are £16.50, concessions £15.
* For details of all events at The Gordon Craig Theatre call 08700 131030 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk