Double Bill of classic ballet
THERE S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up. On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss. Using some of the original choreography
THERE'S a double bill from the Independent Ballet of Wales at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, coming up.
On Wednesday, June 14, they stage their production of the ever-popular Giselle, a story of love and loss.
Using some of the original choreography with new and vibrant imaginings, Darius James' production is a unique production of this classical ballet.
THE following evening, Thursday, June 15, the company turns to classical English literature with a stunning production of Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
A group of men and women from various walks of life meet on a pilgrimage from London to Canterbury and tell each other stories to pass the time along the way.
Join the earthy wife of Bath, the ungentlemanly knight, the nun, the squire, the monk and the miller in a vivid interpretation which brings Chaucer's vibrant crowd of characters alive.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 9 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
Both shows start at 7.45pm. Tickets for each of the evenings are £17, £16 and £15, or there are discounted prices of £32, £30 and £28 for both nights.
COMING slightly more up to date, the Rock 'n' Roll Years on Friday, June 16, relives the golden years of the 1950s and 60s and brings you the songs that shaped a generation.
Tickets are £16.50, concessions £15.
* For details of all events at The Gordon Craig Theatre call 08700 131030 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk