Don’t miss the late bus
CLUB 85 s Thursday nights have seen an array of amazing bands including Boom in the Diamond Industry and bluesy rockers The Rocketeers, so why should this week be any different? Late Bus Records have, unlike most of us, ventured out of the North Herts m
CLUB 85's Thursday nights have seen an array of amazing bands including Boom in the Diamond Industry and bluesy rockers The Rocketeers, so why should this week be any different?
Late Bus Records have, unlike most of us, ventured out of the North Herts music scene and picked out the cream of the crop from West Herts for Thursday, April 13, with Phoenix Down, Indiana, The Roberto Cappellina Band and Flux lined up to play.
Phoenix Down formed in 2003 at a local music talent showcase.
They started out playing covers, but soon outgrew them and concentrated on honing their musical skills and writing a set of original and imaginative songs.
Just imagine Jeff Buckley and Jonny Greenwood jamming round Danny Elfman's house and you get the idea.
They have recently finished their EP, Eye for an Eye, which was released on their own label, Castle Recordings, and you can find more on their website at www.phoenixdown.co.uk
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
Indiana, from Watford, are fresh from playing at London's Pleasure Unit and play catchy uplifting indie anthems. Check them out at www.myspace.com/indianatheband
The Roberto Cappellina Band are currently recording and after listening to their website, www.myspace.com/rockets I'm very much looking forward to hearing the end result.
With influences from Incubus, Tom Petty and Chemical Brothers, they are a definite must see and worth keeping an eye on.
Also joining this boom-tastic line up are Flux.
With the first 50 people through the door receiving a free CD featuring all four bands, it's definitely worth a walk down to the club and, as always, doors spring open at 7.45pm.
Check out www.club-85.co.uk or call 01462 434801if you need any more details.