Dinosaur coming to Hitchin music venue
- Credit: Supplied by JazzUp
While prehistoric creatures are back on cinema screens in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, a Dinosaur of a different kind will be appearing at a Hitchin music venue.
Led by BBC New Generation Artist 2015-17 trumpeter Laura Jurd, Dinosaur will be performing at JazzUp’s next concert at Club 85 on Saturday, June 30.
The Mercury-nominated Dinosaur also features Elliot Galvin on synths, Conor Chaplin on electric bass and Corrie Dick on drums.
The group is regarded as one of the most vital and creative new ensembles in Europe.
Dinosaur’s second album, Wonder Trail, was released last month and sees the band further their exploration into the world of ‘synth-pop meets jazz band’.
You may also want to watch:
Expect folk-infused grooves and glistening melodies when they perform in Hitchin – all tied together by a love for extemporisation and improvisation.
Receiving a 5-star review in the Guardian for their 2016 debut album, Together, As One, the band have toured extensively in Europe and beyond at some of the world’s most prestigious festivals including North Sea Jazz, Montreal Jazz Festival and Molde International Jazz Festival.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
In addition, they have collaborated with some of the UK’s most celebrated ensembles including the BBC Concert Orchestra, Northern Sinfonia and the Ligeti Quartet.
Tickets for the Dinosaur show at Club 85 in Whinbush Road cost £12, and £10 with JazzUp loyalty card.
The evening will also see the return of Les Jazz Rats DJs spinning vinyl between the sets, and for the dancefloor later.
The downstairs bar will be open until 1am.
Tickets are available from Farley’s, Gatefold Record Lounge, Jolly Brown and Bar 85 in Hitchin, David’s Music in Letchworth, and Unikorn in Stevenage.
Alternatively, book online from WeGotTickets at http://www.wegottickets.com
This will be the last monthly JazzUp concert of the season before the summer break.
The new season starts on Saturday, September 29.