Dinosaur coming to Hitchin music venue
- Credit: Supplied by JazzUp
While prehistoric creatures are back on cinema screens in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, a Dinosaur of a different kind will be appearing at a Hitchin music venue.
Led by BBC New Generation Artist 2015-17 trumpeter Laura Jurd, Dinosaur will be performing at JazzUp’s next concert at Club 85 on Saturday, June 30.
The Mercury-nominated Dinosaur also features Elliot Galvin on synths, Conor Chaplin on electric bass and Corrie Dick on drums.
The group is regarded as one of the most vital and creative new ensembles in Europe.
Dinosaur’s second album, Wonder Trail, was released last month and sees the band further their exploration into the world of ‘synth-pop meets jazz band’.
Expect folk-infused grooves and glistening melodies when they perform in Hitchin – all tied together by a love for extemporisation and improvisation.
Receiving a 5-star review in the Guardian for their 2016 debut album, Together, As One, the band have toured extensively in Europe and beyond at some of the world’s most prestigious festivals including North Sea Jazz, Montreal Jazz Festival and Molde International Jazz Festival.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 9 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
In addition, they have collaborated with some of the UK’s most celebrated ensembles including the BBC Concert Orchestra, Northern Sinfonia and the Ligeti Quartet.
Tickets for the Dinosaur show at Club 85 in Whinbush Road cost £12, and £10 with JazzUp loyalty card.
The evening will also see the return of Les Jazz Rats DJs spinning vinyl between the sets, and for the dancefloor later.
The downstairs bar will be open until 1am.
Tickets are available from Farley’s, Gatefold Record Lounge, Jolly Brown and Bar 85 in Hitchin, David’s Music in Letchworth, and Unikorn in Stevenage.
Alternatively, book online from WeGotTickets at http://www.wegottickets.com
This will be the last monthly JazzUp concert of the season before the summer break.
The new season starts on Saturday, September 29.