Dinosaur coming to Hitchin music venue
- Credit: Supplied by JazzUp
While prehistoric creatures are back on cinema screens in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, a Dinosaur of a different kind will be appearing at a Hitchin music venue.
Led by BBC New Generation Artist 2015-17 trumpeter Laura Jurd, Dinosaur will be performing at JazzUp’s next concert at Club 85 on Saturday, June 30.
The Mercury-nominated Dinosaur also features Elliot Galvin on synths, Conor Chaplin on electric bass and Corrie Dick on drums.
The group is regarded as one of the most vital and creative new ensembles in Europe.
Dinosaur’s second album, Wonder Trail, was released last month and sees the band further their exploration into the world of ‘synth-pop meets jazz band’.
Expect folk-infused grooves and glistening melodies when they perform in Hitchin – all tied together by a love for extemporisation and improvisation.
Receiving a 5-star review in the Guardian for their 2016 debut album, Together, As One, the band have toured extensively in Europe and beyond at some of the world’s most prestigious festivals including North Sea Jazz, Montreal Jazz Festival and Molde International Jazz Festival.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
In addition, they have collaborated with some of the UK’s most celebrated ensembles including the BBC Concert Orchestra, Northern Sinfonia and the Ligeti Quartet.
Tickets for the Dinosaur show at Club 85 in Whinbush Road cost £12, and £10 with JazzUp loyalty card.
The evening will also see the return of Les Jazz Rats DJs spinning vinyl between the sets, and for the dancefloor later.
The downstairs bar will be open until 1am.
Tickets are available from Farley’s, Gatefold Record Lounge, Jolly Brown and Bar 85 in Hitchin, David’s Music in Letchworth, and Unikorn in Stevenage.
Alternatively, book online from WeGotTickets at http://www.wegottickets.com
This will be the last monthly JazzUp concert of the season before the summer break.
The new season starts on Saturday, September 29.