Digitalism and Mike Skinner among latest Standon Calling announcements
- Credit: Archant
INDIE/electronic duo Digitalism have been announced as the third and final headliners of Standon Calling, with festival organisers also managing to bag The Streets frontman Mike Skinner.
Digitalism have been filling dancefloors since 2004, and are sure to get the crowds going at the three-day long festival.
The pair, who are at home DJing as much as they are performing live, cross over genres with their mix of indie and electronic tunes.
They are in good company, with festival organisers also managing to get The Musics’ Robs Harvey and The Streets’ Mike Skinner on board, to perform their collaborative project The D.O.T.
The duo’s album combines their respective influences that is sure to get the crowds bouncing.
You may also want to watch:
On top of that, Welsh trio The Joy Formidable are also joining the line-up.
They have just returned from a stint touring with Muse and are set to head out to the States, with their set at Standon Calling marking their return to the UK.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
Further additions come in the form of London-based rockers Toy, hip-hop turntablist DJ Yoda, Public Service Broadcasting, The Skints, Shield, Lazarus & The Plane Crash, Rotten Hill Gang, London Afrobeat Collective, Band of Buriers, and Trenton & Free Radical.
This year’s theme has also been announced, with organisers plumping for ‘Running away from the circus’.
As well as encouraging people to turn up in fancy dress, there will be an actual Standon Big Top with live acts circus acts in the day and bands and DJs at night.
Full weekend tickets can be bought from www.standon-calling.com