Diatonics serve up a lively set as Unicorn crew host Baldock ceilidh fun
- Credit: Archant
Diatonics? Isn’t that something to do with celeb cult Scientology?
Not a bit of it, you’re thinking of dianetics and the followers of Tom Cruise’s baffling belief system would probably look askance at the unbridled fun on offer in Baldock on Friday night.
That’s the date set aside for the September session hosted by the Unicorn ceilidh crew, with the Diatonics front and centre providing the music.
Their driving rhythms and great choice of tunes makes them one of the finest ceilidh bands in the country, and they are joined by caller Lisa Heywood, who has been performing at many of the major festivals this summer and has a wide variety of dances, many of which are her own compositions.
The regular date has another new home, moving on from Baldock Town Hall to the nearby St Mary’s Church Hall.
You don’t need to book, just pay at the door. The fun starts at 8pm with £10 tickets for adults, as well as concessions, available.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service