Diatonics serve up a lively set as Unicorn crew host Baldock ceilidh fun
- Credit: Archant
Diatonics? Isn’t that something to do with celeb cult Scientology?
Not a bit of it, you’re thinking of dianetics and the followers of Tom Cruise’s baffling belief system would probably look askance at the unbridled fun on offer in Baldock on Friday night.
That’s the date set aside for the September session hosted by the Unicorn ceilidh crew, with the Diatonics front and centre providing the music.
Their driving rhythms and great choice of tunes makes them one of the finest ceilidh bands in the country, and they are joined by caller Lisa Heywood, who has been performing at many of the major festivals this summer and has a wide variety of dances, many of which are her own compositions.
The regular date has another new home, moving on from Baldock Town Hall to the nearby St Mary’s Church Hall.
You may also want to watch:
You don’t need to book, just pay at the door. The fun starts at 8pm with £10 tickets for adults, as well as concessions, available.
- 1 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 6 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 7 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 8 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 9 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'