Diatonics serve up a lively set as Unicorn crew host Baldock ceilidh fun
- Credit: Archant
Diatonics? Isn’t that something to do with celeb cult Scientology?
Not a bit of it, you’re thinking of dianetics and the followers of Tom Cruise’s baffling belief system would probably look askance at the unbridled fun on offer in Baldock on Friday night.
That’s the date set aside for the September session hosted by the Unicorn ceilidh crew, with the Diatonics front and centre providing the music.
Their driving rhythms and great choice of tunes makes them one of the finest ceilidh bands in the country, and they are joined by caller Lisa Heywood, who has been performing at many of the major festivals this summer and has a wide variety of dances, many of which are her own compositions.
The regular date has another new home, moving on from Baldock Town Hall to the nearby St Mary’s Church Hall.
You may also want to watch:
You don’t need to book, just pay at the door. The fun starts at 8pm with £10 tickets for adults, as well as concessions, available.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth