Detours - Sheryl Crow
Sheryl Crow Detours A&M Records TO CASUAL observers, Crow s chart-friendly AOR stylings, sweetly powerful voice and strong-yet-sensitive image has been reaping steadily fewer aural rewards in recent years. Detours has been loudly touted as a return to he
TO CASUAL observers, Crow's chart-friendly AOR stylings, sweetly powerful voice and strong-yet-sensitive image has been reaping steadily fewer aural rewards in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
Detours has been loudly touted as a return to her '90s heyday, and the ballsy anthem Shine Over Babylon, coupled with delicately strummed opener God Bless This Mess, bodes well.
But, aside from the powerful, majestic Diamond Ring, the remaining 13 tracks are scattered right across the quality barometer, hitting a nadir with the simply horrendous Peace Be Upon Us; cod 'Rio Carnival' rhythms fed through the mind of a German Eurovision entrant, with Crow's vocals making an odd accompaniment.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 3 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 9 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 10 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
A mixed bag overall. ***