Detours - Sheryl Crow
Sheryl Crow Detours A&M Records TO CASUAL observers, Crow s chart-friendly AOR stylings, sweetly powerful voice and strong-yet-sensitive image has been reaping steadily fewer aural rewards in recent years. Detours has been loudly touted as a return to he
TO CASUAL observers, Crow's chart-friendly AOR stylings, sweetly powerful voice and strong-yet-sensitive image has been reaping steadily fewer aural rewards in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
Detours has been loudly touted as a return to her '90s heyday, and the ballsy anthem Shine Over Babylon, coupled with delicately strummed opener God Bless This Mess, bodes well.
But, aside from the powerful, majestic Diamond Ring, the remaining 13 tracks are scattered right across the quality barometer, hitting a nadir with the simply horrendous Peace Be Upon Us; cod 'Rio Carnival' rhythms fed through the mind of a German Eurovision entrant, with Crow's vocals making an odd accompaniment.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 5 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
A mixed bag overall. ***