Gardens of delight as Hertfordshire Garden Show returns to Knebworth Park
- Credit: Meena Travel
Green-fingered Hertfordshire residents should head to Knebworth Park over the May Bank Holiday weekend for a gardeners' delight.
The Hertfordshire Garden Show is returning to Knebworth Park from Saturday, April 30 until Bank Holiday Monday, May 2.
There will be plenty of inspiration for the spring and summer months ahead supplied by the exhibitors attending the Herts show, with a wide variety of goods on display and for sale including garden furniture, water features, tools, sculptures and more.
Tickets to the Hertfordshire Garden Show will also include access to Knebworth Park, Gardens, Adventure Playground, Fort Knebworth and Dinosaur Trail – making it a great day out for all the family over the May Bank Holiday.
It is a fantastic time of year to visit the glorious gardens at Knebworth and enjoy watching the spring blossom bloom.
There have been gardens at historic Knebworth House since at least the 17th century, but the present layout dates largely from the Edwardian era.
The architect Sir Edwin Lutyens simplified the ornate beds and statuary of the Victorian garden with lawns and avenues of pollarded lime trees.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 3 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 8 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
The Herb Garden at Knebworth was recreated in 1982 from Gertrude Jekyll’s 1907 design.
Each generation has enhanced the gardens, and the recent wood carvings are particularly interesting.
The 28 acres of formal gardens also include a maze, colourful borders, fine trees and a walled vegetable garden planted with unusual vegetables.
A range of plants and gifts will be on sale in the Knebworth gift shop, and why not follow your visit with a cup of tea and some delicious homemade cakes in the Garden Terrace Tea Room?
Season ticket holders qualify for 10 per cent off in both the Gift Shop and Tea Room.
The Hertfordshire Garden Show opens at 9.30am each day, with last admission 4pm, and includes access to Knebworth Park and Gardens.
Tickets start at £11.50 for adults. Family tickets (groups of 4) start at £42, while children under 3 go free.
Tickets pre-booked online at www.knebworthhouse.com are discounted. Full priced tickets will also be available at the entrance.