Enjoy Easter Egg Trail holiday fun at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo this April
- Credit: ZSL (Zoological Society of London)
There will be plenty of fun Easter activities for families at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
This Easter holidays, those searching for an 'egg-stra' special family day out should look no further than Whipsnade Zoo’s Easter Egg Trail.
From Saturday, April 2 to Sunday, April 24, children and their grown-ups can take part in an Easter egg hunt with a difference at the UK’s largest zoo.
Five giant eggs, each with a connection to one of the zoo’s incredible animals, have been hidden by the Easter Bunny.
Families can solve clues as they 'eggs-plore', and once they’ve cracked the code, will discover where the Easter Bunny is hiding with her sticker prizes.
There are also golden eggs to be found by those with a spring in their step. Be the first to find a golden egg and win a special prize.
You can also see the bouncy, ring-tailed lemurs as they take on a tasty Easter hunt of their own each day, scavenging for delicious, vegetable treats in their walk-through habitat.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 3 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 8 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Also make sure to catch some of the expert talks too, where you can find out why penguin parents share their egg warming duties, discover which fish carries its eggs in its mouth, and see if you have what it takes to keep a delicate, flamingo egg warm.
Kids can work out which eggs belong to which birds, from the tiniest to the most gargantuan, and take part in other 'egg-cellent' guessing games about the wonderful world of wildlife.
Best known for its colossal beasts that graze enormous enclosures, like the zoo’s herd of Asian elephants, the conservation zoo is home to hundreds of species, from chatty chimpanzees to adorable otters.
Over Easter, guests will be able to visit a new pride of African lions currently ‘on holiday’ at Whipsnade Zoo until May while their habitat at their Suffolk home is fixed.
Eight-month-old Southern white rhino, Nandi, can also be seen galloping around with her herd, and Whipsnade Zoo’s ever-boisterous, young Amur tigers are always a delight to watch.
Explore the Easter Egg Trail and talks, free with zoo entry, alongside the zoo’s 10,000 animals at Whipsnade Zoo this Easter school holidays by booking at www.zsl.org.