David’s Bookshop to host bestselling author and renowned DJ for new book releases
- Credit: Archant
David’s Bookshop in Letchworth will welcome two guest authors this week.
First up tonight is Sunday Times bestselling author Sally Magnusson talking about her debut novel, The Sealwoman’s Gift.
The book is based on the true story of a pirate raid in which a pastor, his wife and their children were abducted into slavery.
Then on Friday, DJ and journalist Dave Haslam will visit the Eastcheap store to sign and discuss his book, Sonic Youth Slept on My Floor.
Famous for his sets at the Hacienda nightclub in Manchester, Haslam inspired artists such as The Stone Roses’ lead singer Ian Brown, while stories in the book include The Smiths frontman Morrissey coming for tea.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for both 7.30pm events are £6, with the cost deductable from hardback copies purchased on each evening.
For tickets call David’s Bookshop on 01462 768 234 or visit the shop in Letchworth town centre. For more visit davids-bookshops.co.uk.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak