David’s Bookshop to host bestselling author and renowned DJ for new book releases
- Credit: Archant
David’s Bookshop in Letchworth will welcome two guest authors this week.
First up tonight is Sunday Times bestselling author Sally Magnusson talking about her debut novel, The Sealwoman’s Gift.
The book is based on the true story of a pirate raid in which a pastor, his wife and their children were abducted into slavery.
Then on Friday, DJ and journalist Dave Haslam will visit the Eastcheap store to sign and discuss his book, Sonic Youth Slept on My Floor.
Famous for his sets at the Hacienda nightclub in Manchester, Haslam inspired artists such as The Stone Roses’ lead singer Ian Brown, while stories in the book include The Smiths frontman Morrissey coming for tea.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for both 7.30pm events are £6, with the cost deductable from hardback copies purchased on each evening.
For tickets call David’s Bookshop on 01462 768 234 or visit the shop in Letchworth town centre. For more visit davids-bookshops.co.uk.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people