David’s Bookshop to host bestselling author and renowned DJ for new book releases
- Credit: Archant
David’s Bookshop in Letchworth will welcome two guest authors this week.
First up tonight is Sunday Times bestselling author Sally Magnusson talking about her debut novel, The Sealwoman’s Gift.
The book is based on the true story of a pirate raid in which a pastor, his wife and their children were abducted into slavery.
Then on Friday, DJ and journalist Dave Haslam will visit the Eastcheap store to sign and discuss his book, Sonic Youth Slept on My Floor.
Famous for his sets at the Hacienda nightclub in Manchester, Haslam inspired artists such as The Stone Roses’ lead singer Ian Brown, while stories in the book include The Smiths frontman Morrissey coming for tea.
Tickets for both 7.30pm events are £6, with the cost deductable from hardback copies purchased on each evening.
For tickets call David’s Bookshop on 01462 768 234 or visit the shop in Letchworth town centre. For more visit davids-bookshops.co.uk.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know