Datchworth’s Barry is in the belfry to help fund repairs to historic church
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s most popular broadcasters will be talking about his memoir this week.
Datchworth’s Barry Norman, best known for fronting the BBC’s long-running Film...programme, will be at St Leonard’s Church in Flamstead tomorrow, Friday.
The event follows the success of June’s Books In The Belfry, Flamstead’s first book festival.
Barry’s memoir, See You in the Morning, was prompted by the death of his wife Diana in 2011.
Festival co-organiser Vikki Orvice said: “Barry was keen to get involved when he heard about Books In The Belfry this summer and has kindly agreed to do this one-off session.
“It should be a wonderful way to spend a winter evening in the beautiful setting of Flamstead’s medieval church, as well as picking up the perfect Christmas present for family and friends.”
Proceeds from the evening will help fund repair work to the medieval wall paintings in the village church.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash