Datchworth’s Barry is in the belfry to help fund repairs to historic church
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s most popular broadcasters will be talking about his memoir this week.
Datchworth’s Barry Norman, best known for fronting the BBC’s long-running Film...programme, will be at St Leonard’s Church in Flamstead tomorrow, Friday.
The event follows the success of June’s Books In The Belfry, Flamstead’s first book festival.
Barry’s memoir, See You in the Morning, was prompted by the death of his wife Diana in 2011.
Festival co-organiser Vikki Orvice said: “Barry was keen to get involved when he heard about Books In The Belfry this summer and has kindly agreed to do this one-off session.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be a wonderful way to spend a winter evening in the beautiful setting of Flamstead’s medieval church, as well as picking up the perfect Christmas present for family and friends.”
Proceeds from the evening will help fund repair work to the medieval wall paintings in the village church.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 8 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?