Datchworth’s Barry is in the belfry to help fund repairs to historic church
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s most popular broadcasters will be talking about his memoir this week.
Datchworth’s Barry Norman, best known for fronting the BBC’s long-running Film...programme, will be at St Leonard’s Church in Flamstead tomorrow, Friday.
The event follows the success of June’s Books In The Belfry, Flamstead’s first book festival.
Barry’s memoir, See You in the Morning, was prompted by the death of his wife Diana in 2011.
Festival co-organiser Vikki Orvice said: “Barry was keen to get involved when he heard about Books In The Belfry this summer and has kindly agreed to do this one-off session.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be a wonderful way to spend a winter evening in the beautiful setting of Flamstead’s medieval church, as well as picking up the perfect Christmas present for family and friends.”
Proceeds from the evening will help fund repair work to the medieval wall paintings in the village church.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition