Dancers do it just for kicks
THE high life of Paris kicks its way to Stevenage when the Can Can comes to The Gordon Craig Theatre. The bright lights of the Moulin Rouge are brought to the stage through this spectacular show. This highly energised and classic performance of France s m
THE high life of Paris kicks its way to Stevenage when the Can Can comes to The Gordon Craig Theatre.
The bright lights of the Moulin Rouge are brought to the stage through this spectacular show.
This highly energised and classic performance of France's most famous dance is the creation of six American and French choreographers, who bring Paris's music halls back to life.
Elaborate costumes and specially designed scenery recreate the colourful world beautifully, which makes a great starting block for a lavish production.
You may also want to watch:
The Can Can will be staged on Wednesday and Thursday, March 22 and 23.
* Also at the Gordon Craig, the English Youth Ballet is performing a full-scale production of Sleeping Beauty.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
The cast is made up of 100 local dance students aged between eight and 18, who were chosen from auditions last year.
Professional dancers have led their students through choreography and costumes have been designed by Keith Bish who's worked for the Royal Opera House and English National Opera.
There will be performances on March 30 and 31 at 7.45pm and April 1 at 2.30pm and 7.45pm.
* The London Welsh Male Voice Choir is performing next Saturday, March 25, at 7.45pm.
Biggleswade Sandy Lions present the concert in aid of the National Deaf Children's Society and other Lions charities.
The choir has been singing since 1902 and continues to grow in size and popularity, performing classics such as Take Me Home and numbers from Songs of the Valleys.
* And finally, Jimmy Greaves and Friends will be taking to the stage to entertain football fans on Monday, March 20, at 7.45pm.
The goal-scoring legend shot to fame after making his debut for Chelsea in 1957.
His career has seen him play for AC Milan, Tottenham, West Ham and, of course, England.
For tickets and further details of all these events, call the Gordon Craig box office on 08700 131 030.