Dancers do it just for kicks
THE high life of Paris kicks its way to Stevenage when the Can Can comes to The Gordon Craig Theatre. The bright lights of the Moulin Rouge are brought to the stage through this spectacular show. This highly energised and classic performance of France s m
THE high life of Paris kicks its way to Stevenage when the Can Can comes to The Gordon Craig Theatre.
The bright lights of the Moulin Rouge are brought to the stage through this spectacular show.
This highly energised and classic performance of France's most famous dance is the creation of six American and French choreographers, who bring Paris's music halls back to life.
Elaborate costumes and specially designed scenery recreate the colourful world beautifully, which makes a great starting block for a lavish production.
The Can Can will be staged on Wednesday and Thursday, March 22 and 23.
* Also at the Gordon Craig, the English Youth Ballet is performing a full-scale production of Sleeping Beauty.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
The cast is made up of 100 local dance students aged between eight and 18, who were chosen from auditions last year.
Professional dancers have led their students through choreography and costumes have been designed by Keith Bish who's worked for the Royal Opera House and English National Opera.
There will be performances on March 30 and 31 at 7.45pm and April 1 at 2.30pm and 7.45pm.
* The London Welsh Male Voice Choir is performing next Saturday, March 25, at 7.45pm.
Biggleswade Sandy Lions present the concert in aid of the National Deaf Children's Society and other Lions charities.
The choir has been singing since 1902 and continues to grow in size and popularity, performing classics such as Take Me Home and numbers from Songs of the Valleys.
* And finally, Jimmy Greaves and Friends will be taking to the stage to entertain football fans on Monday, March 20, at 7.45pm.
The goal-scoring legend shot to fame after making his debut for Chelsea in 1957.
His career has seen him play for AC Milan, Tottenham, West Ham and, of course, England.
For tickets and further details of all these events, call the Gordon Craig box office on 08700 131 030.