Dancers do it just for kicks
THE high life of Paris kicks its way to Stevenage when the Can Can comes to The Gordon Craig Theatre. The bright lights of the Moulin Rouge are brought to the stage through this spectacular show. This highly energised and classic performance of France s m
THE high life of Paris kicks its way to Stevenage when the Can Can comes to The Gordon Craig Theatre.
The bright lights of the Moulin Rouge are brought to the stage through this spectacular show.
This highly energised and classic performance of France's most famous dance is the creation of six American and French choreographers, who bring Paris's music halls back to life.
Elaborate costumes and specially designed scenery recreate the colourful world beautifully, which makes a great starting block for a lavish production.
The Can Can will be staged on Wednesday and Thursday, March 22 and 23.
* Also at the Gordon Craig, the English Youth Ballet is performing a full-scale production of Sleeping Beauty.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
The cast is made up of 100 local dance students aged between eight and 18, who were chosen from auditions last year.
Professional dancers have led their students through choreography and costumes have been designed by Keith Bish who's worked for the Royal Opera House and English National Opera.
There will be performances on March 30 and 31 at 7.45pm and April 1 at 2.30pm and 7.45pm.
* The London Welsh Male Voice Choir is performing next Saturday, March 25, at 7.45pm.
Biggleswade Sandy Lions present the concert in aid of the National Deaf Children's Society and other Lions charities.
The choir has been singing since 1902 and continues to grow in size and popularity, performing classics such as Take Me Home and numbers from Songs of the Valleys.
* And finally, Jimmy Greaves and Friends will be taking to the stage to entertain football fans on Monday, March 20, at 7.45pm.
The goal-scoring legend shot to fame after making his debut for Chelsea in 1957.
His career has seen him play for AC Milan, Tottenham, West Ham and, of course, England.
For tickets and further details of all these events, call the Gordon Craig box office on 08700 131 030.