Dahl drama is the summer challenge for drama team at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The popular Roald Dahl story of James And The Giant Peach is the starting point for a summer holiday drama workshop at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre.
The five-day course is led by seasoned professionals and organisers say it’s ideal for youngsters aged six to 12 who are keen to explore drama, music, singing, dance, and visual art activities as they bring a musical story to life.
Together they devise and write a script to be performed for parents, friends and family on final day of each drama week.
A spokesman said: “Our team have all worked as professional performers and cannot wait to share their tips of the trade and create a show to remember.
“Whether you are looking for an introduction to theatre or you want to develop your natural talents we invite you to come along and perform, laugh and make new friends.”
You may also want to watch:
The James And The Giant Peach course gets under way on Monday, and runs from 10am to 4pm each day until Friday, which has a 9am start and the performance at 10.30am, wrapping up at noon.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?