Dahl drama is the summer challenge for drama team at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The popular Roald Dahl story of James And The Giant Peach is the starting point for a summer holiday drama workshop at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre.
The five-day course is led by seasoned professionals and organisers say it’s ideal for youngsters aged six to 12 who are keen to explore drama, music, singing, dance, and visual art activities as they bring a musical story to life.
Together they devise and write a script to be performed for parents, friends and family on final day of each drama week.
A spokesman said: “Our team have all worked as professional performers and cannot wait to share their tips of the trade and create a show to remember.
“Whether you are looking for an introduction to theatre or you want to develop your natural talents we invite you to come along and perform, laugh and make new friends.”
You may also want to watch:
The James And The Giant Peach course gets under way on Monday, and runs from 10am to 4pm each day until Friday, which has a 9am start and the performance at 10.30am, wrapping up at noon.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour