Creativity in bloom as artists team up to showcase their talents in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Art with a Heart is the title of a free exhibition at the town’s Gordon Craig Theatre which aims to showcase the breadth of talent in the area.
The community art exhibition which runs in the venue’s Pi Gallery until Saturday, June 27 draws on the talents of Stevenage Arts Guild members who have excelled themselves with the work on show.
There’s stunning photography from the shutter stars of Stevenage Photographic Society, Stevenage Underwater Photographers and the Stevenage Locomotive Society, as well as challenging art from the Stevenage Arts Society and dazzling floral arrangements from Stevenage Floral Society.
Also in the theatre foyer is Remembering Roger Andrews, an exhibition of images of earlier festivals and local events.
Roger captured many local events and documented Stevenage Festival performances over many years.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Photographic Society has put together the show, which features Roger’s images as well as work submitted for a trophy which has been established in his name.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses