Creativity in bloom as artists team up to showcase their talents in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Art with a Heart is the title of a free exhibition at the town’s Gordon Craig Theatre which aims to showcase the breadth of talent in the area.
The community art exhibition which runs in the venue’s Pi Gallery until Saturday, June 27 draws on the talents of Stevenage Arts Guild members who have excelled themselves with the work on show.
There’s stunning photography from the shutter stars of Stevenage Photographic Society, Stevenage Underwater Photographers and the Stevenage Locomotive Society, as well as challenging art from the Stevenage Arts Society and dazzling floral arrangements from Stevenage Floral Society.
Also in the theatre foyer is Remembering Roger Andrews, an exhibition of images of earlier festivals and local events.
Roger captured many local events and documented Stevenage Festival performances over many years.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Photographic Society has put together the show, which features Roger’s images as well as work submitted for a trophy which has been established in his name.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people