Concert marks new town’s 60th anniversary
AS PART of Stevenage s 60th anniversary as a new town, the English Sinfonia will be holding a concert at the Gordon Craig Theatre. The evening will feature concert pianist John Lill (pictured), who has won numerous international awards, including the cove
AS PART of Stevenage's 60th anniversary as a new town, the English Sinfonia will be holding a concert at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
The evening will feature concert pianist John Lill (pictured), who has won numerous international awards, including the coveted Moscow International Tchaikovsky Competition.
He has also been awarded the CBE for his services to music.
The Sinfonia will play Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante and the Harlow Concertante, written by Stevenage composer Elizabeth Poston.
Stevenage mayor Cllr Simon Speller said: "This is a unique opportunity for people to see one of the world's great pianists performing live in concert and to hear some of Elizabeth Poston's wonderful work.
"This concert is certain to be one of the most memorable events celebrating the 60th anniversary of Stevenage as a new town."
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 9 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 10 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
The concert takes place next Wednesday, November 1, and tickets are available from the box office on 08700 131030.
For more information about this or other 60th anniversary events, telephone 01438 242993 or email email@example.com
* Also as part of the 60th celebrations, an exhibition of the development of the New Town will be on display at the Boxfield Gallery in Stevenage until November 26.
Entry is free and anyone with memories to share can document them in a book at the gallery which will be collected by the museum to add to their archive.