HITCHIN Symphony Orchestra will celebrate the work of three very different but distinguished composers, with a programme of music from early classical to late 20th century. The concert will begin with the overture to Mozart s Marriage of Figaro, followed
HITCHIN Symphony Orchestra will celebrate the work of three very different but distinguished composers, with a programme of music from early classical to late 20th century.
The concert will begin with the overture to Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, followed by music composed by Elgar and Sir Malcolm Arnold.
With nine symphonies to his name and an Oscar for his music for the film Bridge Over the River Kwai, Mr Arnold's musical achievements are many and varied.
The concert begins at 7.30pm at Hitchin Town Hall on November 25.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, at £12 or £10 for concessions, are available from Hitchin Town Centre Initiative on 01462 543335, David's Bookshops, Eastcheap, Letchworth, or by contacting Hitchin Symphony Orchestra's publicity officer on 01462 434318.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club