HITCHIN Symphony Orchestra will celebrate the work of three very different but distinguished composers, with a programme of music from early classical to late 20th century. The concert will begin with the overture to Mozart s Marriage of Figaro, followed
HITCHIN Symphony Orchestra will celebrate the work of three very different but distinguished composers, with a programme of music from early classical to late 20th century.
The concert will begin with the overture to Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, followed by music composed by Elgar and Sir Malcolm Arnold.
With nine symphonies to his name and an Oscar for his music for the film Bridge Over the River Kwai, Mr Arnold's musical achievements are many and varied.
The concert begins at 7.30pm at Hitchin Town Hall on November 25.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, at £12 or £10 for concessions, are available from Hitchin Town Centre Initiative on 01462 543335, David's Bookshops, Eastcheap, Letchworth, or by contacting Hitchin Symphony Orchestra's publicity officer on 01462 434318.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth