HITCHIN Symphony Orchestra will celebrate the work of three very different but distinguished composers, with a programme of music from early classical to late 20th century. The concert will begin with the overture to Mozart s Marriage of Figaro, followed
HITCHIN Symphony Orchestra will celebrate the work of three very different but distinguished composers, with a programme of music from early classical to late 20th century.
The concert will begin with the overture to Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, followed by music composed by Elgar and Sir Malcolm Arnold.
With nine symphonies to his name and an Oscar for his music for the film Bridge Over the River Kwai, Mr Arnold's musical achievements are many and varied.
The concert begins at 7.30pm at Hitchin Town Hall on November 25.
Tickets, at £12 or £10 for concessions, are available from Hitchin Town Centre Initiative on 01462 543335, David's Bookshops, Eastcheap, Letchworth, or by contacting Hitchin Symphony Orchestra's publicity officer on 01462 434318.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas