Comic escape to Hitchin
GET ready to laugh your socks off at the Hitchin Comedy Club as three talented comics get together for a night of side-splitting stand up. Nick Page – presenter of the BBC s Escape to the Country – turned professional four months after his first open mic
GET ready to laugh your socks off at the Hitchin Comedy Club as three talented comics get together for a night of side-splitting stand up.
Nick Page - presenter of the BBC's Escape to the Country - turned professional four months after his first open mic night and now performs all over the country.
A mixture of storytelling and cynical observation, Nick draws on his own experiences to get people giggling.
Joining Nick is rock 'n' roll poet and comic genius, Paul B Edwards, who looks set to go down a storm with his combination of jokes, songs and poetry.
Paul, who has appeared on Channel 4's The Big Breakfast, is well-known for his sing-along songs and audience participation and even has a moving tribute to Hitchin up his sleeve.
To complete the set, Alex Horne will be unleashing his sharp wit and twisted logic on a captive audience.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
Alex currently appears in the top comedy clubs, pubs and theatres all over Britain including Jongleurs, The Comedy Store and the West End's Soho Theatre.
This laughter-packed night takes place tomorrow (Friday) at the Woodside Theatre, Hitchin and tickets are £8 or £6 for members.
Doors open at 7.30 and the show starts at 8.30.