Comet country gig guide - Mar 15 - 24
Thursday March 15 * Little Alaskan Workshop – Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC. * Broken Mile, Gekko – The Red Hart, Hitchin. * Bob Thomson singer/guitarist – The Three Horseshoes, Willian. * Nashville Nights, Dixie Days – Bedford Corn Exchange. Friday March
Thursday March 15
* Little Alaskan Workshop - Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC.
* Broken Mile, Gekko - The Red Hart, Hitchin.
* Bob Thomson singer/guitarist - The Three Horseshoes, Willian.
* Nashville Nights, Dixie Days - Bedford Corn Exchange.
Friday March 16
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
* NHSPH presents Weightloss album launch, Left Engine, Frog Stupid, Six Point Five - Club 85, Hitchin, £4.50.
* Charity gig featuring Look See Proof, Fruition, Stonefield, Blonde Louis - Hitchin Town Hall, 7.30pm, £5.
* Butterfly Blues - The Rising Sun, Stevenage.
* The Lost Boys - The Sailor, Hitchin, 9-11pm.
* Gor Jus Wrex - The White Horse, Baldock.
* 90 Per Cent Proof - Vincent's Bar, Stevenage.
* Montgomery Music Makers, The Kramers, Dirty Work, Freak 4 - The George, Hitchin, 8.30pm-1am, £3.
* Mr Rainmaker - The Rose and Crown, Biggleswade, 8.30pm.
* Mel Harris - The Squirrel, Stevenage.
* The Silver Fox - Sir John Barleycorn, Hitchin.
Saturday March 17
* Tam Lin, St Patrick's Night - The Buck's Head, Little Wymondley, 8.30pm.
* Three's A Crowd - Four Emblems Club, Letchworth, 8pm.
* Tom Hingley from Inspiral Carpets, Fruition, Chris Phillips (formerly of Ardent Kicks) - Shorty's Bar, Hitchin.
* The Mighty Wonderfuls - The Wilbury, Letchworth GC.
* Hardware - Vincent's Bar, Stevenage.
* The Broadcast - Stotfold Town Hall.
* Queer State featuring Trash Fashion, Active Slaughter, Billy Brutal, MC Ellie Blue - Club 85, Hitchin, £4.50, 7.45pm.
* Double Vision - The Pig and Whistle, Aston, 8.30pm.
* Toria - live vocals at the Rose and Crown, Aston.
* A Touch of Country - The Silver Moon, Hitchin, 1-5pm, then at Biggleswade Rugby Club, 8pm.
Sunday March 18
* Crasdant - Hitchin Folk Club, The Sun Hotel, Hitchin.
* Eclectic Mix presents Calayla, Sky Coloured Perfect, Manicure - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45-11pm, £3.
Tuesday March 20
* Opera night with Charlotte Collingwood and Scilla Stewart - The Well, Hitchin.
Wednesday March 21
* Mini festival - Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club, Baldock, 8.30pm.
* Cambridge Red Stripe Band Competition, Heat 3: Under The Streetlamp, Flamboyant Bella, Fingersmith - The Junction, Cambridge, 7pm, £5 per heat.
Thursday March 22
* Herts Music Services schools showcase night (all ages gig) - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45-11pm, £4.
* Whisky Chaser - Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC.
* Cathy Hart - The Three Horseshoes, Willian.
* Lurcher - Red Lion Biggleswade, 9pm, free.
Friday March 23
* Hazard Club Night featuring Fruition, The Bellarosa Connection, Rosalita - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45-12pm, £5.
* Midlife Crisis - Vincent's Bar, Stevenage.
Saturday March 24
* Liberty X - Jumpin Jaks, Stevenage, £5.
* Dead Cowboy Promotions present Model Horror, DJ Scotch Egg, The Otters, Hazel Turnnock, Diath DJs - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45-12pm, £5.
* Quarantine - Vincent's Bar, Stevenage.
* Butterfly Blues, Stevenage - Vincent's Bar, Stevenage.
* Dorian Graze - The Boot, Baldock, 8.30pm-12.30am.
* Elvis (Pete Webb) - The Wilbury, Letchworth GC.
* Millrace Ceilidh Band - Stotfold Memorial Hall, 8-11pm.
* Spooky Slim - Red Lion, Biggleswade, 9pm, free.
* Funky Monks - Chells family pub, Stevenage. featuring the JRs, Nico and Boogie Woogie Bill Johnstone, 9pm, free.