Comet country gig guide Feb 23 - Mar 2
Thursday February 23 * Pony Express Club presents The Bar Hoppers – Postels Club, Stevenage. * Matt and Owen Ltd – The Arena Tavern, Letchworth. * Rainmaker – 2Dry, Stevenage. * Kick Back featuring Kevin Pearce, Paul Cox, Tuck – Silver Moon, Hitchin, 8pm.
Thursday February 23
* Pony Express Club presents The Bar Hoppers - Postels Club, Stevenage.
* Matt and Owen Ltd - The Arena Tavern, Letchworth.
* Rainmaker - 2Dry, Stevenage.
* Kick Back featuring Kevin Pearce, Paul Cox, Tuck - Silver Moon, Hitchin, 8pm.
* Nick Carusoe - The Three Horseshoes, Willian.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
* Frightfulness - Red Lion, Stevenage, 9pm.
* The Page 3 Big Band - The Grange Community Centre, Letchworth, 8.30pm.
Friday February 24
* Steve Curtis - Sir John Barleycorn, Hitchin.
* Red Herring - Red Lion, Stevenage, 9pm.
* Unicorn Ceilidhs presents Coproliters - Hitchin Town Hall, Hitchin, 8pm, adults £7.50, under-14s £4.
* My Passion, Cool Ethan, Model Horror - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45pm, £5.
Saturday February 25
* Earthsign - Red Lion, Stevenage, 9pm.
* Walkern Music presents Big Boy Bloater - Walkern Sports Club, 8pm, £10/£12.
* Black Peppeur - Esquires, Bedford, 8pm.
* Envoy, Olde Crone, The Claret Sky - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45pm, £4.
* After Dark Soul Duo - The Fold Pub, Stevenage.
* Hex - The Coach and Horses, Stevenage Old Town, 9pm.
Sunday February 26
* Elvis (Pete Webb) - Waggon Horses, Graveley, 8.30pm.
* Michelle Lewis, Tom Kelsall, Blue Review - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45pm, £3.
* Hitchin Folk Club presents Chris and Kellie While - Sun Hotel, Hitchin, 01462 812391.
* Hannah Harris - Shorty's Sports Bar, Hitchin, 8.30pm.
Tuesday February 28
* Karmadillo, The Great Distance, The Seldon Project - Silver Moon, Hitchin, 8pm.
Wednesday March 1
* Mikee'Bs - Red Lion, Stevenage, 9pm.
* Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club present Isambarde - The Orange Tree, Baldock, 8.30pm.
Thursday March 2
* St Elmo's Fire - The Arena Tavern, Letchworth.
* JC McKay - 2Dry, Stevenage.
* The Broken Family Band, The Shivers Doors - The Junction, Cambridge, 7pm, £7adv, £8door
* Pony Express Club presents Arizona Flame - Postels Club, Stevenage.
* Rusty Sheriffs - Red Lion, Stevenage, 9pm.
* Charlotte Collingwood - Hakelok, Welwyn Garden City 8pm.
* Kick in the Ass presents Foxtrot Oscar and Near the Knuckle - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45pm, £4.
* Stella Hensley, Chris Markew, Cloudy - The Silver Moon, Hitchin, 8pm.